News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 06:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mav's Lifted 1985 Eagle Wagon Limited/Sport Stroker - Picture Heavy! - 04/09/10  (Read 124398 times)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
I thought I'd share this with everyone... I'm guessing since Brandon was wondering... other might be as well. Today he asked me if I had scrapped the Wagon project... Here's my answer:

-----------------------------
Oh god no, man! I won't be abandoning that project... I will see it through. Too much time and money into it to see it junked, LOL!

Mark my words... I will be driving it with my family in tow to the meet in Sept.

And it'll look brand new and totally custom... going as far as possibly chopping off cherokee fenders and hood from a 99... to hack and weld onto the Eagle. I'll keep the Eagle fenders, but chop the fronts of them off to match up to the 'kee.... then I'll use the Jeep hood, after I extend it about 12 inches or more to meet the front custom clip...

Basically... it's going to look like a magnum when I'm done... but it'll be a Jeep front end rather than the 300 or Charger front end. At least this way, I'm still partially keepinr to heritage.

Imagine your wagon with a newer Jeep front end on it... lifte a few inches, with 18" rims, true dual exhaust.... halo/projector headlights... a bangin sound system and the torque and sound of a stock V8 while keeping the weight and durability of an I6... basically a really badass magnum is what I'll end up with.... with AMC badges, AMC drive train, and a much more solid frame/body without all the computer electronics that come with the newer vehicles....

It will own ALL. Dominate ALL. And I will have to be burried in it, LOL!
---------------------------------

Does that answer your question? I don't know how well the Jeep conversion wil actually work... but I've been working on measurements... I have the entire front clip, all I need are the fenders and hood.... but I'm still thinking I can save the fenders and fab them out of fiberglass.... maybe even the hood. Not sure yet. I need to take some pictures and show you guys.

The project has been on hold because I was waiting on my oxy/acetelyn tanks to be delivered... they should be here anytime and when they arrive... I'll start cutting away that front end. Don't worry... I wouldn't attempt this on a solid perfect Eagle... that's blasphemy. This fron end stuff has to be cut off and replaced anyways, so I figure it's worth a shot to try it out. If it doesn't work... then I'll go back to the original.

Brandon also asked about a Sedan I may be buying.... yes, this is a very likely possibility. The wagon is moving much slower than planned and I HAVE to get a vehicle on the road asap. If I buy this sedan.... I will not touch anything on it. Everything will remain factory besides, the valve cover, headights (which will only have minor upgrading), wheels and stereo.

Ok... back to the regulary scheduled program.
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
 :occasion14:  Here's to your dedication and vision!
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
:occasion14:  Here's to your dedication and vision!

Hey Mick, you'll have to buy me a real beer at the meet!
The AMC Eagle

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
You can count on it!
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

ScottD961

I thought I'd share this with everyone... I'm guessing since Brandon was wondering... other might be as well. Today he asked me if I had scrapped the Wagon project... Here's my answer:

-----------------------------
Oh god no, man! I won't be abandoning that project... I will see it through. Too much time and money into it to see it junked, LOL!

Mark my words... I will be driving it with my family in tow to the meet in Sept.

And it'll look brand new and totally custom... going as far as possibly chopping off cherokee fenders and hood from a 99... to hack and weld onto the Eagle. I'll keep the Eagle fenders, but chop the fronts of them off to match up to the 'kee.... then I'll use the Jeep hood, after I extend it about 12 inches or more to meet the front custom clip...

Basically... it's going to look like a magnum when I'm done... but it'll be a Jeep front end rather than the 300 or Charger front end. At least this way, I'm still partially keepinr to heritage.

Imagine your wagon with a newer Jeep front end on it... lifte a few inches, with 18" rims, true dual exhaust.... halo/projector headlights... a bangin sound system and the torque and sound of a stock V8 while keeping the weight and durability of an I6... basically a really badass magnum is what I'll end up with.... with AMC badges, AMC drive train, and a much more solid frame/body without all the computer electronics that come with the newer vehicles....

It will own ALL. Dominate ALL. And I will have to be burried in it, LOL!
---------------------------------

Does that answer your question? I don't know how well the Jeep conversion wil actually work... but I've been working on measurements... I have the entire front clip, all I need are the fenders and hood.... but I'm still thinking I can save the fenders and fab them out of fiberglass.... maybe even the hood. Not sure yet. I need to take some pictures and show you guys.

The project has been on hold because I was waiting on my oxy/acetelyn tanks to be delivered... they should be here anytime and when they arrive... I'll start cutting away that front end. Don't worry... I wouldn't attempt this on a solid perfect Eagle... that's blasphemy. This fron end stuff has to be cut off and replaced anyways, so I figure it's worth a shot to try it out. If it doesn't work... then I'll go back to the original.

Brandon also asked about a Sedan I may be buying.... yes, this is a very likely possibility. The wagon is moving much slower than planned and I HAVE to get a vehicle on the road asap. If I buy this sedan.... I will not touch anything on it. Everything will remain factory besides, the valve cover, headights (which will only have minor upgrading), wheels and stereo.

Ok... back to the regulary scheduled program.

Well dang, tell us what your really gonna do, lol. :rotfl:

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Won't know for sure until I'm doing it.

I just know it's hard work customizing and building from scratch. It takes dedication and good'ol fashioned inginuit. Alot of guys find that since they can't order parts out of a catalog, then they just duck their tails, scrap their projects and move on to buying the flavor of the month, lol! Not me man, I'll try to find the part... if I can't find it... then I'll fabricate it.

But just you wait... you guys have seen what myself and a couple of extra determined hands can do in two weeks... wait till you see what we can do in a few months.

The oxy/acetylene tanks arrived today. Loaded and ready to go. Welding up a dolly for a nice shop cart. I went with the mid-sized tanks for portability around the shop.

She will be a treat for the eye... and an amazing machine to fly in!
The AMC Eagle

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
So, are we going to caravan to Brandon's when its Meet time?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Yeah, that's what I was thinking Doug. Maybe even do so on the way back and clear up some space in your basement (if I don't do so earlier).

Anyone else coming up my way? It'd be great if we could get a few or more of us together.
The AMC Eagle

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
That is a good idea.   We have a Des Moines member who may be attending.  There may be some others who will be using I-80 who are East of you and me.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Nice, we should post a thread under the Meet board for members rolling up I80! Might find more than planned!
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Chas, I have no doubt that you will follow through on the project.  I can't wait to see it.  I hope the sedan works for you.  I think I am going to try and set up a thread with an RSVP like you and Doug did for the meet.  Need to know how many goodie bags to get ready (assuming I can find more stuff).

I think a caravan is a great idea. 
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Chas, I have no doubt that you will follow through on the project.  I can't wait to see it.  I hope the sedan works for you.  I think I am going to try and set up a thread with an RSVP like you and Doug did for the meet.  Need to know how many goodie bags to get ready (assuming I can find more stuff).

I think a caravan is a great idea. 

As long as the Sedan is in as good enough shape as the seller says, then I can fix the rest and have it up in day. In fact, I'll take the parts with me that are needed to get it on the road... I'll fix it in his drive way and drive it four hours home. Wanna meet me in Chicago for the weekend? Bring the wifey... I'll bring mine and we'll find something to do!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:38:49 AM by IowaEagle »
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
That would be fun, but we don't have the money right now.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
That would be fun, but we don't have the money right now.

Dangit! Tell Doug you need a raise already, LOL!

But hey man, how much was gas getting to my place? A tank here and a tank back? If just you come, I'll leave Shelly at home too and we can get a sinlge hotel with two beds of course... (I mean, you're cute and all, but not THAT cute, LOL!) and I'll cover hotel. We'll go to a White Castle and spend $20 on a briefcase of burgers and we'll be set. I'll cover the food and hotel if you can swing gas and time to make it! C'monnnnnnnnn you know you want to!
The AMC Eagle

Offline Screamin'Eagle

• Soon to be with 401 :)
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 43
Well if you go to White Castle and get that many Burgers your both gonna be able to swing gas for days....

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk