News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 05:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mav's Lifted 1985 Eagle Wagon Limited/Sport Stroker - Picture Heavy! - 04/09/10  (Read 121643 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 180
Yeah now that you said that I saw the build order mentioned in the update.  Sorry, must not have read carefully enough.  Hope the build on the wagon goes well.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Thanks! I expect a quick fix!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Mirrors on that look like the ones on Old Rusty.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
yeah, obviously not Eagle mirrors... I hated them at first.... but the more I stare at them, the more I really like them.

They are kinda big and ghatti for the Eagle.... but I like having big mirrors for the wide view in back. If the chrome was cleaned up on them, they'd look really nice.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
I had those mirrors on my Bronco II.  Definitely not AMC.  I kind of wish I would have replaced my original ones with ones like that, but the price was right on the mirrors I got. 

Man I wish we lived closer I would so help you out on projects. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Here's the progress! Now that the Dodge is up and running and getting me back and forth to work... and some playing.... and dragging Eagles around the yard, LOL.... it's time to get back on this project! So, we've got all the front end torn apart and the wrecked/crushed metal cut off with the torch.

Oh yeah! And I have officially updated the first post with all the other updates within this thread... it also reflects the progress and gradual decision to move on from one Eagle... to another.... to another... to a truck... and back to this Wagon. This one will not leave the garage until it is running.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Here's the progress! Now that the Dodge is up and running and getting me back and forth to work... and some playing.... and dragging Eagles around the yard, LOL.... it's time to get back on this project! So, we've got all the front end torn apart and the wrecked/crushed metal cut off with the torch.

And I have officially updated the first post with all the other updates within this thread... it also reflects the progress and gradual decision to move on from one Eagle... to another.... to another... to a truck... and back to this Wagon. This one will not leave the garage until it is running.

Wasn't it running to start with?  :)

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Why yes, yes it was, LOL!

It's probably the best running Eagle here. Once the welding is done... the rest will slap on there in a heartbeat.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Why yes, yes it was, LOL!

It's probably the best running Eagle here. Once the welding is done... the rest will slap on there in a heartbeat.

Okay that makes sense.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Ok, ready for this? Check it out baybay!!!

This is the 1985 AMC Eagle Sport I bought with tax money last week for $525 and that included delivery from 4 hours away... the seller was very cool. From the moment I fired it up to back it off the trailer... I knew this was going to be my baby. This car will protect my children. It will help me keep my job, lol... and when I need to work on Shelly's Jeep... then she can drive this and I'll drive my truck.

So far, we have replaced the water pump, belts, radiator, fluid, battery, hood, front clip and maybe a few minor things that I can't rememeber. I still need to tune her up, but she really doesn't need it. Maybe an oil change... but she's running great. I was going to replace the plastic valve cover, but she's not leaking! The only thing on the engine was maybe some spilled oil over the nears... maybe some bleeding from the oil cap... and the water pump's weep hole had been well... weeping. I almost didn't replace it... and I'm so glad I did because when we pulled it off - the pump was not spinning. It had been crushed in from the wreck. We wouldn't have know unless we pulled it off and checked. I just happened to be at Autozone buying the belts for the Eagle and a timing gun for the truck and I saw another guy buying a water pump for his "whatever"... and I thought what the heck... it's only $25. So I jumped on it. I would have bought the timing chain too since the front of the motor was so easily accesible, but they didn't have them in stock and I didn't think she really needed it. Anyways... she's hauling balls now!

Dusty and Jayson worked really hard on this... it was a "first" for them both. Dusty is a very skilled welder but he has only worked on motorcycle frames and the random "here and there". Plus he had to use my cheap Chicago Electric Mig... Jayson grinded everything down... sand blasted everything and did all the measuring to make sure the clip was where it was supposed to be. These guys kicked total butt... I pretty just worked at my actual job the whole time. I did actually install the water pump and the radiator... and I will be the one to reinstall the grill and components. Plus I uh... supervise... gotta make sure they aren't slacking, LOL!

There are a couple quirks though... for one, I forgot to install the :censored: AC condensor... so now I'll have to pull all the off to do so, lol! And secondly, she's idling REALLY high when in park.... AND she kinda wanted to over heat when I took her down the road and back. Once she heated up, there was a slight knock... but again, I think with the proper liquids inside, she'll be fine. We still haven't changed the oil. As for the idling... not sure yet. We just got her going and pulled her out of the garage to do the timing on my truck. The Wagon will be back in the garage asap. She will be my daily driver by the end of the month.

My "new" radiator... before and after. And then a couple pictures of the welding/grinding work Dusty and my brother pulled off for me.

Here's what's left of the 1980 "White Castle" Eagle and here's part of the process of it the front clip being installed on the Sport.

ANNND... we're not done yet... I bought some new headlights to try out. It also doubled as a good gift for a good pal on the Nest here because I knew he really liked my old headlights and I really wanted to try out the projectors... so here they are.... notice the box and brand.. how cool is that? I always order my headlights from the same guy... motorblvd on the auction site. Very cool to deal with and very fast shipping.

The AMC Eagle

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Looking good Mav. Congrats. on finally getting one you can drive ( after a little surgery ).
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Thanks man.... she's getting there. Just some paint and some TLC and she'll be a road warrior soon. I can't wait! Not sure about the hood though yet... I've always wanted a wagon hood... but after taking off the smashed power buldge hood... I kinda miss it. We'll see.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
That looks great so far.  So I take it you'll be bringing this to tme meet in September?  Can't wait to see it.  You need to update your list of vehicles on your signature sometime to reflect the changes in your fleet.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Yeah, good idea Brandon... thansk for the kudos and helping me stay focused! Yes, I intend on bringing the family in this wagon to the meet. I've actually considered bringing two Eagles if they're done... and my brother my bring the Spirit if it's one the road.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
I have not seen the spirit before.  Have I?  Any of those rides have a tow hitch on them?

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk