News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 06:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mav's Lifted 1985 Eagle Wagon Limited/Sport Stroker - Picture Heavy! - 04/09/10  (Read 124400 times)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Dude, you know you could stay the night. The only thing is that I work so I won't be off until 10p... and you're more than welcome to come over and hang out with my brother in the garage all day, but I'd think you'd probably rather me be there, lol... I mean, maybe I guess, LOL!

If you're not busy Sunday... I'll be there all day! Maybe show up evening Saturday and take off midday Sunday?
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
I have to work Sunday and I would have to be back by 8pm to get Sam.  Traveling with a two year old is hard enough.  See the "How Much Does a Stock Wheel Weigh" Thread.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline idahoeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Mavericke, where did you get the coil spacers from? I'm going to be buying an SX/4 in a couple weeks and really don't like my vehicles stock height, but not wanting to go straight axle just yet... Been there, done that though... Used to have an 85 Wagon that I straight axled. A very capable car that demanded respect in traffic... Hehe! People in lifted F250s were about eye level with me and I was on 35s...
Built 81 SX/4 under construction...
AMC 360, 727, 208, SAS GW 44 front on leafs, AMC 20 on S10 Blazer inconsiderate person pack, 33" tires, custom winch bumper, etc, etc...

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Nice!

The coil spacers I found on the popular bidding site... if you cant find them, send em a PM and I'll dig up my old purchase and get you some contact info. They were pretty reasonably priced too.
The AMC Eagle

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
As you all know, my internet access is limited right now, but I wanted to update you on my progress of the wagon.

We have replaced the front suspension and added the 3" lift. With the new springs, shocks and lift... she actually gained a good 4-5" of clearance and I think the Jeep wheels I had before will fit with maybe some very slight rubbing from time to time.

The rear suspension is what we're working on now. We are replacing the rear leafs with leafs from a 91 Dodge Ram 1/2 pickup... they are the exact same length and they will bolt on almost exactly as the originals. I am hoping this will give the rear end some more "beef" and a slight lift with the current 3" lift and new shocks should give her the extra height I was looking for.

I took several pictures of ther suspension stuff... the first side was a bear trying to figure it all out. I deff recomend taking the hood off and using the actual Eagle spring compressor kit. The first one took us about two hours to get out... the second one took all of about 30m.

The rear end has been rough... we're almost done. One side was broken already and we didn't know it. All of the bolts were so rusted that it took every bit of strength to get them off... everyturn was just excruciating. But we got it done. We even had to do some cutting with the torch.

She'll be ready to go soon.

Update on my $2900 laptop... they are only covering $400 so I'm screwed. I'll fight it till the bitter end though.
The AMC Eagle

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
don't you just love that .... you have given the insurance company money money month over month and when it comes time to "cash in" they fight you on it like you have a choice of how much you pay them for the coverage.  i hate insurance companies
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Can't wait to see the wagon.  Sucks about the computer.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Been a couple weeks, how's the wagon ( yours, not mine ) coming? Forget if you ever got the doggy Dodge running right. Insurance co. still not wanting to pay for the computer? Somebody was looking for a roof rack, if you don't have one, sell the one off mine & put the money towards my EXTREME MAVERICKE MAKEOVER / repairs. Wanted it off anyway if you remember. One of these years, I may actually start making enough to start sending you something toward the Eagle. Scheduled return to the job date is 17 Aug., probably be Sept. before they start having any real field trips. May have some " drop offs " before then. That's where you pick them up at school & just take them to where they're going. Once you " drop them off ", that's it. You're done & they find their own way back to school or home. Usually just practice, not regular games. Not good for the paycheck. Most of them are close enough to only pay the 2 hour minimum. Hopefully when you do get the funds & get started on mine, you won't find any unpleasant surprises. It looked solid from what I saw. If you notice the time, that's from Arthur. He's paying another visit tonight. Dr. gave me some new prostrate dope a couple months ago, helping A LOT!! Probably not getting up more than 5 or 6 times a night, sometimes even less. Compared to the 5 or 6 minutes I was sometimes, I'm happy. Mentioned to the dr. about how good it was & she said it should only 0 -  1 times a night. Explained to her about the difference between 5 - 6 minutes & 5 - 6 times a night. She said Oh okay. I guess that is better then.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:51:52 AM by 1OldFordMan »
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Last I head from Mavericke they were paying for the computer, but taking forever.  Plus I think some other more pressing repair surfaced at the house that the money will have to go towards.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
That's not good. Best of luck to him. Thanks for the update Brandon!
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
Yes, he has certain things that are house related that need to be finished up during the next couple of weeks.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Yeah thanks for the concern gusy.... the thing is; I need money. And I can make extra money once my barn is cemented... and once the house is done, then I can have the cement poured. The insurance company paid me $2400 for my 3k laptop and all the money went to the last few thing for the house.

Going to sell my last good set of louvers...
Trying to sell the truck... or Jeep...
Going to slap that blue SX4 together and get it running and get it sold...
Plus some other random parts...

I need to pay the Nest for EG's cars. Jerry for his SX4 and I need to come up with $2600 to replace my laptop. That's alot of car work to make those funds in a timeley fashion. Laptop HAS to come priority... but it shouldn't be long once the cement is poured. heck, if someone offered me the right amount for my wagon right now... I'd probably take it.

It runs better than any I6 I've ever seen/heard. All the vacums are hooked up and working including smog. There isn't a speck of rust in it. Interior is decent except the headliner. I've already replaced the seats. New tune up and water pump. New AC condensor. New shocks, New leaf springs, new coil springs, a 3-4" lift and nice Jeep 5-spoke rims with good tread tires. heck the build is on this thread. I'm not TRYING to sell it... but I sure will if the right buck comes around. And that buck wouldn't have to be a whole lot at this point. :/
The AMC Eagle

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
man, if i had the money it would be yours for just being awesome.  but sadly i found out today that in order to win the lotto you have to play the lotto :'(  Once i get some things going in a straight line here i am willing to make the drive and give ya a hand in anyways i can man 
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
man, if i had the money it would be yours for just being awesome.  but sadly i found out today that in order to win the lotto you have to play the lotto :'(  Once i get some things going in a straight line here i am willing to make the drive and give ya a hand in anyways i can man 

I'll second that statement Bill.  My sentiments exactly.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Thanks for the thoughts fellas. Things are starting to look a bit better.

The band is jamming steadily again and my voice is really starting to come back from the surgery... bout time, only took a year. Seems stronger than ever though. Maybe it's all the yellin at the kids, LOL!

The wagon has had a total suspension overhaul... The rear has been lifted probably 6 inches... forgot to measure it before we started. I didn't realize that i was going to have to move the shock mounts, brake line mounts, and actually purchase longer lines... it turned out to be a bigger project than anticipated, but still only a days worth of work once you get a plan of action. It's sitting right now because I need a $10 brake line, LOL.... some day.

Anyways, I'll get it all worked out soon.... the house is almost done. Just paint and flooring left.
The AMC Eagle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk