News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 28, 2024, 03:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mav's Lifted 1985 Eagle Wagon Limited/Sport Stroker - Picture Heavy! - 04/09/10  (Read 120246 times)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
You are cool again Mav!

No pun intended of course, right? lol

I figured that since I've got the interior out, I might as well freshen it up a bit. I'm replacing all the broken and/or cracked pieces. I'm repainting all of it with vinyl paint that works really well and since I'm painting it the same color... it's working out very nicely.

Door panels look amazing.

I've ripped out all the wood grain and replaced the holes with chrome screws. New chrome emblem on the glove box.

Installing a new sound system, speakers, player, subs, amp, gps, dvd player.... it's going to be awesome. The wires have been ran and everything is ready to go... just piecing it all back together now. Will post pictures soon.

She's going to be a great daily driver. She needs some paint, but she'll be fine... still a beautiful specimen. :)
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Congrats on getting the AC fixed.  I wish mine was fixed so I could drive it more often.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
A pun?  I would never do that.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Congrats on getting it fixed. You need it now. Were already at 95° here & headed for 100°. Calling for 45% humidity. Going to be a miserable day out there again today.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Update from Mavericke: "The Eagle is on the road again!!!  The trim is on and I replaced all the black with Chrome.  The interior isn't done yet, but it's getting there.  Drove it to work and it ran like a dream.  The AC worked great, but I still think it needs more R134.  Oh, get this, the cruise started working today!  Sweet!
Trying to figure out how to install the dbl din GPS/DVD Unit.  It is going to take some fabbing to look good.  Also took the headliner out...  I will post a write-up when it is done." - Mavericke.

Here's a picture he sent me....

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
Great!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
heck yeah!  looks like he went playing offroad a hair as well
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
AC working good... Cruise control is awesome.... not sure the 4x4 switch is working and last night once I almost got home my headlights started flickering. Like a strobe... I wiggled the switch and it did nothing. Scared the heck out of me.

I think it has something to do with the ground plug on the high beams being cut off the bulb... this was done because the headlights only came with low beam bulbs. I need to replace all the bulbs anyways.

Also, I hooked up the foglights to all the factory wiring and they are not working.

So the next thing is figuring that out.... oh yeah and I got hit in a rain storm and hit some major puddles and she started stalling out on me. Not sure if I got water in the carb or the dist was wet... but it was bad. I also got leaked on from driver's window and bottom of windshield/firewall somewhere.

The weirdest thing was that when I hit those puddles in the road (VERY bad drainage system on a city street) the rear end started clanging!!! my only guess is that the breather on the rear end was taking in water... ive never experienced that before. We took the hose off because we lifted the car and the original one wouldn't mount up anywhere... havent had the chance to put a longer one in.

Any ideas?

Lastly.... what the heck is the difference in the older modle headlight switches and the new ones???? The plug was different and I took out some sort of black box connected to it. Is this the newer setup so that you'd have variable speeds for the wipers? As of now, I have two speeds and they suck. I can't figure out how to get just the switch off either to replace with the original one... I really don't want to replace that whole piece again.

Oh yeah.... almost all the dash lights have been replaced with LEDs and it gives the dash i nice light blue glow that makes it look like a newer vehicle. I love it.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Very cool.  send me pictures if you want to post some more.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline amcinstaller

• Installer, Mechanic, Who Knows.....
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 38
  • So That's Like A Cross Between A Pinto And A Vega?
check the high low switch on the floor for the headlights, if theres a short there that can cause the random on off condition it sounds like youre having. other than that, maybe add a relay and different power for the headlights if youre running halogens.
www.decibelcar.com
www.jeepstrokers.com
1980 AMC Spirit GT  Restomod In Progress
1998 Dodge Stratus  Boring DD With Loud DD Bass
Liquid Audio Styling and Sound
Red Deer, AB, Canada

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
Re:  The wiper switch.  Two kinds of switches were used; one for the intermittent wipers and one for the regular two speed wipers.  The black box is the module that controls the intermittent function; it plugs in between the intermittent switch and the wiring harness.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
check the high low switch on the floor for the headlights, if theres a short there that can cause the random on off condition it sounds like youre having. other than that, maybe add a relay and different power for the headlights if youre running halogens.

I dont have the hi/low switch on the floor. Mine is in the dash. I think the floor switch was only in the 80 models. I was thinking that it could be simply a lose fuse... but the lights are switching from hi/low on their own.

Re:  The wiper switch.  Two kinds of switches were used; one for the intermittent wipers and one for the regular two speed wipers.  The black box is the module that controls the intermittent function; it plugs in between the intermittent switch and the wiring harness.

Thanks for confirming Doug. Looks like Im going to have to reinstall the box and a different switch... two speed wipers suck.

Very cool.  send me pictures if you want to post some more.

I will, thanks Brandon!

Besides the headlights... I now have water dripping on my feet on the driver's side. Obviously AC related... but I would assume dripping water would be on the passenger side. Any ideas?
The AMC Eagle

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
Your ac lines go in on drivers side. Should be visible from under the dash

Manitowoc WI

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56

For what it's worth after spending big bucks for the 4 way flasher, hi - lo, turn signal, washer / wiper switch & busting the plastic around the steering column on my '94 Dodge I used to have, it turned out to be the headlight switch shorting out & needing replaced.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Water dripping on your feet probably means the ac condensate drain is stopped up.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk