News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 10:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mav's Lifted 1985 Eagle Wagon Limited/Sport Stroker - Picture Heavy! - 04/09/10  (Read 124421 times)

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
bout time we get some good news from your end  :P  Wish i had good news from my end, dog got out today and "apparently" tried to attack someone and caused damage to a truck so most of my evening was spent with the law and i got nailed for the dog not being liscened and not being 100% on all shots so it looks like i have to come up with around 300 bucks by the end of next week or i get a hefty fine and get to go see a judge.  So there goes all of the overtime money i worked my tail end off for.  Looks like the eagle gets to sit another month before I can even remotely get any funds for it.   Like i say and quote "when things seem to be going in the right direction for me I get scared cause something real bad is going to happen"
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Glad you hear you are making progress Mavericke.  That is great.  Afer the headliner my wagon is going to have to sit still until I get the sink fixed in the kitchen and the shower fixed.  Both things I do not know how to do.  I wish we lived closer together to help each other with projects.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Bill... you said those two cursed words.... "Good News".... *sigh* well, the good news is that I drove the wagon to work today. The new lift is amazing and she rides like a brand new car. For once, I have a %110 fully operational eagle... just need to pretty her up now. Sorry to hear about the Dog.... Shelly's german Sheperd bit someone that came in the yard that didn't belong and we got hit with $3500 when we got sued by his lawyer. That took us a couple years to pay off. :/ I feel your pain man.

Brandon... I hear ya man, i can always use extra hands out here and you're always working on projects that I could help you with and knock out really fast. makes lifer easier sometimes just having company.
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
is that the dog you got named Rocky?  if so then there must be something about German shepards named Rocky that makes them anti social.  the policeman that was up here was keep bringing up the point that I have young kids around the dog,  but like I told the officer "the kids poke the dog in the eyes and tear at his lips and he don't even growl"  this dog just don't like anyone outside of the family.   But on the better part i found out that i am going to be off the hook for a mere 90 bucks.  Although i wish I would have the 90 bucks to put into the eagle or my cherokee so that i can retire my dodge and make a mudtruck out of it
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Yup, it's Rocky. We built a kennel for him out here a few weeks ago.... he literally bit the fence and yanked a hole in it with is teeth. I couldn't do that with my hands if I tried all day!!! Going to have to reinforce the entire thing with hog paneling.... freaking ogre dog. He's a big baby with the family.... but he just doesnt like outsiders in his space. He's even good with kids he's never seen... but adults, especially men... he hates. Weird.

Forgot to mention the bad news in my last post...

Shelly wrecked the jeep again!!!!!! EXACT same spot... AGAIN!!!
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Mavericke sent me some pictures of the Eagle and I offered to post them on the 'Nest for him. 

But first, here's the seemingly never-ending Cherokee front end in it's current state :)

At least he's familiar with this repair.  And from the sound of it; this incident isn't entirely bad news.

Chas said, "Hey, I drove the wagon to work today.  Rides fantastic!" 

And with out further ado...

Here's the Eagle. 

Check out the height difference between the Eagle and the Dodge Ram...

Personally I think it looks great. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
Thanks for posting those Brandon.  Chas needs a break from all the issues he has had to face recently.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Thanks Brandon... I have limited internet access to get pics posted. Much appreciated.

The Wagon rides like a dream... I mean seriously... it rides as nice as Shelly's rental car (2010 Dodge charger), obviously not as fast... but very smooth. The height difference is great. I love the looks I've gotten so far. She fires up on the first crank everytime. No stalling. She runs great.

The hatch did pop up on me driving down the road though... that was pretty funny as you might imagine, lol! But other than that... she simply ran like a DREAM.

The lift was purchased on the bidding site. The front has 3" spring spacer, new springs, new shocks, and the rear has new shocks, 6" leaf spacer brackets, new leafs from a 91 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton pickup, They are the exact same length and they hook up exactly the same, but they are much more stiff and they have an extra leaf.

Very minor fab work needed. I needed to drop the brake line bracket and had to chop off the rear shock supports on the axle and raise them a few inches so that the stock shocks would bolt up. Quick and easy welds. No big thing.

Thanks for the support guys!
The AMC Eagle

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
:censored:!!!! i am gonna have to make you plate armor for the front end of that jeep. what was hit that was yellow?  and i notice you pulled the ranger from out back (see I notice things :P)
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Thanks for posting those Brandon.  Chas needs a break from all the issues he has had to face recently.

Never fret Doug... the way I see it is that I've pretty lucky so far considering all the issues... every accident has worked out in the end and no one has gotten hurt. I also figure that maybe if I have a long string of bad luck... then eventually (if I endure, lol), things will HAVE to get better.... and if everything is an equal trade... then I should be GOLDEN soon.

:censored:!!!! i am gonna have to make you plate armor for the front end of that jeep. what was hit that was yellow?  and i notice you pulled the ranger from out back (see I notice things :P)

LOL, yeah man armor would be great... or like what brandon said... put a backup light with a sensor on it to automatically hit the brakes when she gets close to hitting something, LOL! Yep, pulled the ranger up to swap the alternator out on it and get it up and running for my mom when she gets back.

Got another SX4 on the way too... for my brother, will post pics when I can.
The AMC Eagle

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Yeah I forgot to mention the backup sensor idea for the Jeep.  If anyone could figure out how to do that it is you (of course there are a few others on here that could easily do it too. 

Chas, you need to change your signature again to include the fact that the wagon is your daily driver now.

I have another idea for you I will run by you after awhile.  I think you would like it.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
I am gonna have to stockpile some WJ front end parts for ya from a few of the wreckes sitting in the back of the shop.   i would also be happy to build you a plate steel front bumper that has sides that stick out past the front fender if your interested
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
I am gonna have to stockpile some WJ front end parts for ya from a few of the wreckes sitting in the back of the shop.   i would also be happy to build you a plate steel front bumper that has sides that stick out past the front fender if your interested

That's awesome. 

Add a couple motion sensors connected to the brakes and he'd be all set.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Looks like they're going to total the Jeep this time... the axle is bent... very sad... the buyback is $1300.

This is simply going to pay off the loan on it. Not sure what she is going to do about a vehicle... but I'm trying not to get too upset until they actually give me some figures.
The AMC Eagle

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
sounds like you need to start tank shopping :P .....  my wife has been looking at minivans while I have been working and she says that she found the "perfect one" she says that I'd like it as well, but I highly doubt it I am not a mini van sorta guy.  I am however a 4 wheel drive anything kinda guy
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk