News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 30, 2024, 06:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A hello from a prosepctive SX4 owner  (Read 13889 times)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
Re: A hello from a prosepctive SX4 owner
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
I haven't decided what I want to do with the car down the road.  I've never had a jeep or truck with 4wd, not that I do any off-roading.  I sort of wanted to do a 2" lift all around and put the biggest tires I could fit (without cutting anything) on it.   Another part of me (the guy that helped build 3 Formula SAE cars at school) really wants to lower it just a little and put some street tires on it and improve the suspension with an anti-roll bar and better shocks.  I'm a little torn there.  

I figured my SX/4 was perfect the way the factory did it, but if you're going to choose between the two I think lowering it slightly and making it sportier would be way cooler.

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
After working on it a little yesterday, i'm inclined to agree with you...  It's nice to not have to jack it up every time you need to get underneath it to do something.   ;D

The stock stance is pretty nice, maybe just some rally tires and some mud flaps to protect the rockers and i'll call it good.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
Looks nice. Same color as my first wagon. First one I've seen without a clock or tach either one beside the speedometer.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

beej8508

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
You have a great looking Eagle!!  Well done.  These shorter wheel base Eagles are lots of fun to drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk