News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 30, 2022, 12:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10
4X4 and Driveline / NP128 stretched chain?
« Last post by acfortier on September 23, 2022, 07:43:24 AM »
Hey all, working on currently swapping out my slipping auto transmission in my '86, and was turning the TC, and it doesn't sound... great. I'm thinking it's a stretched chain--may just end up replacing it with another NP128/129 locally from a JY for $150.

Is my diagnosis correct?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iy_F09f7BiygBVnW8j3VALKA5UOqcGfF/view?usp=sharing
For Sale: AMC Eagles/4wd Jeeps / Re: Great ad for an 84 Eagle
« Last post by Illeagle1984 on September 21, 2022, 08:31:25 PM »
Woooah, way too nice for me.  Plus it's in New London, CT.  Not the New London, WI that's 40 miles from me...
The Engine / Re: After Market Valve Covers
« Last post by Artmodels on September 21, 2022, 01:48:44 AM »
Got success at auto zone, they had the exact oem style rubber oil cap for $4.00!  Went on real tight, no more oil blowby!
The Engine / Re: Carburetor options
« Last post by Artmodels on September 21, 2022, 01:46:53 AM »
On a slightly related topic, has anyone used an auto altitude adjuster on the 2150 style carbs, do they work?  We are constantly going from 7000 feet to lowlands, and wish to find the type of adjuster that uses ambient air pressure to open and close extra air to the manifold side of the carb automatically.
« Last post by amcfool1 on September 20, 2022, 11:52:59 PM »
hi, check out the Holley Sniper BBD, made for 258s. good luck, gz
« Last post by atmafox on September 20, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »
I might suggest a Weber 38/38, Clifford performance sells kits for 258s and such and can work with you on your specific application.
« Last post by Mr_Roboto on September 20, 2022, 02:08:07 PM »
If it's just for the break in you may lose some power up top but it would probably run fine. They apparently made a bunch of variants of this in different flow rates.

I would run it then hook a vacuum gauge up, do some pulls and see if you get into vacuum at WOT near your redline. If so size up at that point or wait until you're past break in. They used some of these on pretty big engines (400+CI) and I'm not saying they'd be an end all be all but I wouldn't discount it so quick especially if you're not going all out.

Things like head flow and cam selection will determine a lot as well.
For Sale: AMC Eagles/4wd Jeeps / Great ad for an 84 Eagle
« Last post by Bluevan on September 19, 2022, 09:47:06 PM »
Found this ad when I was cruising the internet for old cars (not just Eagles) and I couldn't help but be impressed by this.  It is probably the most thoroughly described and informative vehicle post I have seen in a while.  Hope this person finds a good home for it.

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/ctd/d/deep-river-1984-amc-eagle/7534816913.html
The Engine / Carburetor options
« Last post by tgotr on September 19, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
So, I am getting ready to put together my 4.7L Stroker for my Eagle (had to get my $100 4.0L block bored, may as well swap the Eagle's original crank and rods in). I do want to stay carbureted for a time, at least through break in. Apparently at 4.7L, the Carter and Motorcraft 2100 seem to be too small for the higher displacement. Depending on performance, I may want to swap to a bigger carb. Going EFI would require a similar ordeal. How hard is it to modify the throttle cable to use bigger carbs? I mean it must be able to be done, otherwise 4 barrel 258 intakes wouldn't be a thing, right?

https://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=46486.0

This thread by Vangremlin shows he fabricated an adapter bracket bolted onto the carbs throttle lever. How reliable would this be? As reliable as the person doing the mod I assume.
Engine Electrical Systems. / Re: Random high idle
« Last post by vangremlin on September 19, 2022, 11:27:30 AM »
Good to hear you solved the mystery.  Following this thread I thought you would make a good detective lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk