News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 24, 2024, 10:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nice to meet you from the Netherlands!  (Read 86 times)

Online Sybolt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Nice to meet you from the Netherlands!
« on: October 22, 2024, 10:46:51 AM »
Good afternoon!

My name is Sybolt Wiersma. Yesterday I bought my first US car, an 1982 AMC Eagle Wagon!  :eaglebig:

I always loved the Eagle, especially the Wagon, but as I live in the Netherlands, you don't see them very often. Probably a big understatement as I believe there's around 10 on the road here. A while ago one came along which was reasonably priced and yesterday I shook hands with the seller.

I'm really looking forward to picking the car up in the near future and start preparing it for it's approval tp get Dutch plates, and I am hoping to ask you all for help every once in a while during this process. A big thanks in advance!

I already know the car needs new sway bar/control bar bushings which I found at prothanesuspensionparts.com, but I'm also looking for ball joint boots in the right size. Do you happen to know if universal boots can be used?

Thanks again, and have a nice day!
To give you an idea, I've attached a picture of the car.

Sybolt Wiersma

Offline 89 MJ

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: Nice to meet you from the Netherlands!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2024, 12:46:11 PM »
Welcome! I’m not sure if you can use universal boots or not. Sounds like it doesn’t need a whole lot to be ready for the road though.
1986 Eagle: 258, Auto, Chrysler 8.25 rear, 3.54 gears
1989 Jeep Comanche: 4.0, AX-15, 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears
1940 Chevy PU: 350, 700R4

Offline Ludworks

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2024, 05:46:32 PM »
Hello Sybolt. Congratulations on your new car.

Ball joint boots will vary depending on what brand of ball joint is installed. Some are easy to replace, some are integrated. You may want to go with a universal polyurethane one. Is the upper or lower that needs the boot?

Online Sybolt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:34:25 AM »
Thank you 89MJ and Ludworks!

As far as I can see the car is in quite a good condition, but it lived in sunny Texas for most of it's life. So very little rust, but very dry seals and rubbers  :)
I'm not sure whether the upper or lower boots are bad, but as I'm hoping to order all the suspension rubbers at once, I intend to replace them both as well.

Attaching the photo didn't seem to work, can anyone help me with that? Or do I need to wait for a certain period to be allowed posting photos?

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:19:05 AM »
Welcome to the Den and congratulations on your new to you Eagle!

We had another member from the Netherlands, Jurjen, although he hasn't been active for awhile.  Here is a link to his information, which includes an email address.  You may be able to have an Eagle meet up with him!

https://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?action=profile;u=483
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online Sybolt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:42:49 AM »
[...] We had another member from the Netherlands, Jurjen, although he hasn't been active for awhile.  Here is a link to his information, which includes an email address.  You may be able to have an Eagle meet up with him!

Thank you! I saw that there also was another Dutch member added recently:
https://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=47662.0

Seems like we already have almost half the Dutch Eagle "population" present here on this forum  8)

Online Sybolt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: Today at 07:57:57 AM »
Wondering if this works to share a first photo of the car!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk