News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 15, 2024, 08:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not going to have time....  (Read 310 times)

Offline mikeprause

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
Not going to have time....
« on: October 09, 2024, 04:53:28 PM »
Hello all!  I have had a number of projects ahead of my grandmother's 1987 Eagle station wagon I inherited and I'm worried I'm not going to have the time or the funds to do it justice.  I am willing to let it go to a good home.  As it happens I have someone interested in it, but have no idea a fair price to ask. I was hoping I could get an idea from some of the experts!

Body is in great shape, no major rust and never driven in winter. 35,000 original miles, good paint and no real digs or dents.  Some of the bad news: engine turns over but mice have eaten the main wiring harness and have had a lot of activity on the inside (leather seats have staining, etc!) some of the molding on the outside also has chew marks.  I have acquired a donor car for the wiring harness and other bits and bobs I might need-- lots of goodies on that car for people restoring an Eagle.

Any help or direction or an idea what it might be worth to someone restoring these cars would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!
Mike

Online 89 MJ

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
Re: Not going to have time....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2024, 05:49:48 PM »
It’s really hard to give a ball park figure on non running cars. Good paint on a straight and solid body is a plus. It’s a wagon, which is the most common body and there’s lots of ones out there ready to go for 4-10k, depending on condition.
Being that this car needs the interior cleaned, carpet probably replaced, the wiring harness replaced, and I bet it has some rust in the floors because of the acidity of the mouse pee, I think you’re looking at $2000 as a fair price.
1986 Eagle: 258, Auto, Chrysler 8.25 rear, 3.54 gears
1989 Jeep Comanche: 4.0, AX-15, 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears
1940 Chevy PU: 350, 700R4

Offline mikeprause

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Not going to have time....
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2024, 06:50:35 AM »
Many thanks for the feed back!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk