News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 07, 2024, 08:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto Floor Shifter Seal  (Read 355 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 47
Auto Floor Shifter Seal
« on: July 16, 2024, 10:26:50 PM »
Like everyone, the split rubber seal that goes around the automatic floor shifter has melted into goop. I'm looking for a replacement but I need to verify what I've found will fit.
It looks like the entire floor shifter bezel assembly AMC used is identical to what Ford used on the Mustang (1974-1986) and the Pinto (1977-1979). I can find replacement seals for those but has anyone tried buying one and seeing if they fit?

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: Auto Floor Shifter Seal
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 11:39:04 PM »
hi, yes they will fit. i have purchased two so far. They fit BUT, are pretty poor quality, my first one tore in a couple of months, second one seems a bit better. good luck,  gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk