News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 07, 2024, 07:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What coil springs and leaf springs can I buy to keep as close to stock as possbl  (Read 185 times)

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
I've seen many posts with many different options but I know things change over the years and many options are no longer available.

I'd like to replace both the front springs and the rear leaf springs on my eagle and I'm looking at what is available to maintain as stock height as possible.
If anything, a small 1" lift is fine but definitely not lower than stock.

I suckered MIPS into lending me his spring compressor tool specifically for these cars and I've ordered all parts for the full rebuild with the exception of the tie-rods (haven't found them yet - fingers crossed) and still awaiting the lower ball joints from another friend on this site.

As far as I recall, the Javelin springs are the closest. Does anyone have any part numbers specifically, or website links.

1984 AMC Eagle Wagon

Thanks a bunch.

-EP

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 11:32:04 AM by Evenprime »

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 215
Here are a couple suppliers.  I've purchased from Springs n Things and Stengel Bros, both provided good service.  Eaton is supposed to be the best and will manufacture them with any specs you want (within reason). Good luck!

https://www.springsnthings.com/

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/

http://www.stengelbros.com/
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Thank you for the info.

I reached out to Eaton Springs.

They do not have springs for the front. They said they have over 2,000 springs, but none for the Eagle.

Rear Leaf Springs - I was quoted $800.00US for the pair and shipping would be $225.00US = $1,025US = $1,435CAD (Canadian) and that doesnt include Duties which I suspect would be a another 1-2 hundred. :censored: .... Not sure that includes the shackles either.

Im going to reach out to the other two and see how that goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk