News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 12:33:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: clutch reservoir missing!  (Read 3062 times)

Offline 88formula

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
clutch reservoir missing!
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:49:49 AM »
Have an 82 sx4 with 6 cylinder. Boght it without a clutch master and finally found one online, BUT it didn't have the tube for a reservoir!
I've been looking for some ideas for what I could do to build one that would thread in there, or any other vehicle that has a remote reservoir that works?

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: clutch reservoir missing!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
Some of the Eagles didn't have a reservoir, just a tube. Any reservoir will work. One form a motorcycle would work just fine. Here's a couple options. This one might be a little too big, though http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilwood-Master-Cylinder-Remote-Reservoir-Kit-260-11098-/191631884986?hash=item2c9e2682ba&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ducati-1098S-1098R-1198-Brembo-Rear-Brake-Fluid-Cylinder-Reservoir-/351545524291
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline 88formula

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
Yes! That's the idea!!!! Now, how to go about making an adaptor to fit to the master. Could I just use a piece of brake line and put a bubble flare on the end? Thin the hose will have somthing to hold on too!!!

I've heard about the hose reservoir, but never actually seen one... now I'm curious, anybody have any photos?

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »
Any line or hose that is compatible with brake fluid will be fine. I've seen one, but can't find any pics on the web. Here's a diagram with the reservoir.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline 88formula

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
That picture looks like the reservoir goes into the end of the master, is that correct? ?? I assumed it would go in to the one closer to the pushrod.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
The angled fitting is where the pressure line comes out. Look at Asian cars like Toyota and Honda for clutch reservoirs but clean them out carefully before using! You never know what contaminants may have been in it by a previous owner.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk