News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 03:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First post, long time site user  (Read 2260 times)

Offline bigblock

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
First post, long time site user
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself and express my thanks for all of the tech assistance I have received from everyone here over the years. I just bought my second eagle, having passed on my first one to a good buddy two years ago prior to moving half way across the country for a new job. I am now rocking an 83 wagon which had been sitting for several years in a garage due to the previous owner no longer being able to drive. A new battery quick fluid top off and airing up the tires let me drive 80 miles home with no issues. I am currently waiting on some new tires and rims from tire rack after researching what should work on this site. also have an aluminum valve cover coming to replace the original plastic. Next pay day I am ordering some new carpet, also thanks to the direction found here. This is a great site, and I am glad to be a part of it.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
Re: First post, long time site user
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks for posting about your new Eagle, it looks really nice.  Since you've been on the site for awhile, you know how much we like pictures, so don't be shy about adding more!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »
Wow, that looks awesome.

Thanks for saying hi. I too don't think I could keep mine going without this site, lots of help here

Rob
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline bigblock

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:29 PM »
When I drove to the dmv today to get plates, someone followed me there to ask if I wanted to sell it  :rotfl:. I had to tell them that it took me 6 months to find this one on craigslist, and it was not for sale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk