News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 23, 2024, 04:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Member and looking to buy first Eagle  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Desdinova

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
New Member and looking to buy first Eagle
« on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
Hello all

I am a College student in Michigan and I am looking to buy an Eagle for a car while I am back here, as I am from California and don't want to bring my car back here. I just sold my other car, which was a 95 Buick Riviera. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but this is the car I am currently interested in here. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4737276825.html

Do any of you have any suggestions or maybe know of another one around this price range?

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: New Member and looking to buy first Eagle
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »
You'd be hard pressed to find another Eagle in that good of shape for just $500 that only needs a carb. Though, with any old car...you'll likely find it needs more than just a carb or someone would have already bought it at that price. Judging by the interior it seems like a well kept car!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
That interior is in AMAZING condition. Really resembles mine when i had got her. I spent 500. She could barely start let alone drive but a  little here and theres and shes a DD Project!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
Looks like a pretty decent car for the price.  As long as you don't sink too much money into it to get it running, should be a really good deal.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk