News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 23, 2024, 04:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new member  (Read 1917 times)

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:19:44 AM »
Hi my name is George, married, 54 years old, living in Roanoke, VA. Joined your "nest" a few weeks ago. I have really enjoyed reading posts, and have learned a thing or two! Got my first AMC, (1973 Matador, for $150.) at the age of 26. in 1986, and I can honestly say that I have not owned anything else since.  (My wife drives the new cars, currently an 02 Mercury Sable LS Premium!) My 73 Matador morphed into a 75 Matador, originally owned by a convent, Nuns!, I am not making this up! Had a 304, I kept the 73 360, built it and stuck it in the 75 "coffin nose" Matador. Crower cam, Holley 650, dual exhaust, built 727, car was almost 19 feet long and weighed just under 3 tons, but it would accelerate like a whale on crack! Kept it till 07, when I just couldn't finance a full resto. Sad part, car is gone, good part, the new owner kept the motor/trans/rear axle for whatever he is building. So the original heart of my first AMC is still beating somewhere. In the meantime, found a 79 Spirit AMX in Long Island, outside NYC, a little beat up, but still, a V8, 304 4 spd, the last of the AMC V8s. What a great little car that was! We barely made it home from Long Island to Duchess county, (about 80 miles) the radiator was so clogged. First purchase, new radiator! Anyway, long story short, my plant in NY closed, and moved to VA, so we moved to VA in 1994. Oh, and at the time I also had as 80 Spirit, 258 4spd. It just happened that the day we were driving here, was the day of the worst ice storm ever, Feb 94, I was in my Spirit, my wife behind me in her "new" er  Pontiac Phoenix, and my Spirit had that old school AM/FM/CB radio, but it wasn't quite working. I could receive, but not send. So, basically she had a captive audience! We JUST made it to Roanoke under the ice. Our last 100 miles were at about 20mph, no kidding. we got to our Holiday Inn, and then could not move for 3 days, iced in. I'm thinking, this is supposed to be the South! Anyway, so we've been here since 1994, except for a brief sidetrack to Kendall County, IL, (Outside Chicago) from 01-04. Now (I hope) we're here to stay. My current AMCs are: 77 Hornet AMX 258 4spd(for sale), 78 Concord AMX 360 V8, 79 Spirit 232, 82 Eagle sedan, 84 Eagle sedan. (the current money pit!) If any of you guys are coming through Roanoke, VA, look us up, email or whatever, we'll make you welcome! thanks, gz

Offline matt1971

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
Hi. Matt here. Greetings from Kenosha WI. Welcome to the Den! I enjoyed reading about your AMC Experiences. What color combo is your 78 AMX? Can we see any pics of your AMC's?
I currently have a 79 AMC Pacer Hatchback. Brown and Tan with a 258 auto.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
hi Matt, thanks for the welcome. My 78 Concord AMX is black on black, with the black "Levis" interior. Still in project mode. We had a Pacer for 20 years, a 76, white over teal. Bought it for my motherinlaw, who used it as a daily driver till 04. Just sold it to a lady in south Carolina, who said she wants to restore it. I hope she does! We were in Kenosha for the big 2002 AMC anniversary. At the time were were living in Yorkville, IL, and working in Aurora. You have a nice town! thanks again gz

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »
Welcome. Loved the history and look forward to seeing some pics of the AMCs.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk