News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 23, 2024, 02:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Golden Eagle with another maybe silly question  (Read 1749 times)

Offline TheGoldenEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • A Montana Eagle Owner
Golden Eagle with another maybe silly question
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
 :eaglebig:
 :banghead:Back again, this time i need to know... how in the world do i get into the taillight's to change them? I don't see any external screws, and on the inside all i see are riveted bolts once i take off the plastic cover near the bottom of the hatch.. i'd assume that how the covers are put on. How do i change these tailights?... could anyone help me out here? Or am i just being silly.... Please and thanks...
1987 AMC Eagle LTD (daily driver)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: Golden Eagle with another maybe silly question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »
There are bolts and nuts that hold the taillights in,  6 on each side I think.  You have to remove all of the plastic at the back of the interior of the wagon to get to them, and maybe even loosen up the plastic along the sides.  Good luck.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline TheGoldenEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • A Montana Eagle Owner
Re: Golden Eagle with another maybe silly question
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
I had already taken the back panel off right below the hatch, and tried to twist one of the taillights that were broken from behind to twist out, it didn't budge so i though i was doing something wrong, they were just stuck. . I ended up getting them out and replaced, But thanks for the reply.
1987 AMC Eagle LTD (daily driver)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk