News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 23, 2024, 03:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OEM Part number confusion  (Read 1918 times)

Offline v8beetle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
OEM Part number confusion
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
Per the diagrams below, I'm having a difficult time discerning the OEM part number for the hub bolts.

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/images/0/0e/84880123.jpg

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/index.php?title=Section_31%2C_Front_Suspension_and_Front_Hub_w/Rotor

From the diagrams I see a potential part number as J4200099 or J3235860

It's a reverse torx with the dimensions of M12 x 1.75 x 70 MM

I've looked all over for these flange bolts and am having a hard time getting new ones. I'd rather do the job right the first time than have to do it over and over again since someone already messed up one of the original hubs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried Fastenal, Grainger industrial, but know this bolt has other applications. If anyone has a cross reference number, or Chrysler part number, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:03:56 PM by v8beetle »

Online AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 87
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: OEM Part number confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
If you want to mail-order them; Lambert Auto Sales (888-856-4524) up in New Hampshire shows both of your part numbers in stock.  I've bought quite a few parts from them; they are good to deal with.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline v8beetle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »
Do you know if either of those part numbers per the diagram are the actual hub bolt instead of the wheel stud? I can call tomorrow morning, but just want to be certain I get the actual hub bolts not wheel studs. I'm also concerned about using a regular hex head flange bolt due to clearance of the steering bracket and outer CV joint.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
J3235860  are wheel studs. I did a google image search for the part number.

Part number 8 is J4200099 and it's external torx/spline drive head. Possibly the same as Jeep Cherokee.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline v8beetle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »
Thanks, I was hoping I had the right number. Just wanted to make sure. My local Chrysler dealer may have the part, but had to know it before they could track it down. Will call them in the morning and find out. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk