News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 24, 2024, 07:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Im back  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Evan the blue

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Im back
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
Hi all fellow Eagle nuts,

So I joined this forum in 2006 when I bought my Eagle off a neighbour. Since then I have pulled the stock 4.2 L and built a 4.6L HO from a 92 Cherrocar. Woohoo to Fuel injection!!!  I also swapped out the old 3 speed auto for a 4 speed and put in adjustable air shocks/struts. I've put a ton of $ into electronics as well ... alarm with door actuators, remote start, Bluetooth integrated stereo with 800Watt digital sound =)
If you want to see a picture of my ride its on the front page of this website ...   http://amceaglesden.com/
To be honest I was surprised, pleased and honoured to see it's still the cover shot!
Anyhow, next on the list is a solid axle swap on the front end (using a Dana 30 from a yj) and some dual rate, nitrogen king coils! I can't wait to do this mod as the lift in the front end has started to sag out =(
Also on the list to come is a new interior. I have found a few companies remaking the carpet ... http://www.auto-interior.com/amc3.htm or http://qualitycarinterior.com/1985-amc-eagle-4-door-carpet.html
I'm wondering if there is anyone on this forum that can steer me towards other manufactures of interior parts and pieces?
I think I found a local guy I can trust to do some of the more finicky interior stitching for seats and what not but I would be interested in other options.
I have tons of other parts so if there are any other Eagle nuts from the Vancouver BC area hit me up and we can work out trades or what-not. I promise I will be on here on a more regular basis then I have been.... until then  :occasion14:
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Wanna see FuninBC.com vids click here
www.tpoakman.neptune.com
by England and Evan the blue

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: Im back
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »
Welcome back!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
Glad to see you back, cool Eagle
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »
Welcome "back"!
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Evan the blue

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
Well, I just finished ordering my new carpet from ...
 http://qualitycarinterior.com/1985-amc-eagle-4-door-carpet.html
I'll let y'all know how it turns out. I got the mass backing and an extra yard for door details and such.
I see I have gotten 44 views and nobody has any suggestions on interior parts suppliers I see... that doesn't bode well lol !!! Yeah I have a feeling my sewing/plastic painting skills are getting a tune up this spring. LOL
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Wanna see FuninBC.com vids click here
www.tpoakman.neptune.com
by England and Evan the blue

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 06:19:43 PM »
Pretty much nothing Eagle specific can be found as a "remanufactured" product. Interior plastic will have to either be found on CL or eBay or people on the forum here. And if you can't find it in the color you need it will have to be painted.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 02:08:20 AM »
hi, interior plastic for eagles is basically "unobtanium",carpets are no problem, and headliner material is generic. Window/door seals are also, generically easy to get. There are a couple of things you can do to repair interior plastic. My rear side widow surrounds fell into 8-10 pieces when I removed them. Using a plastic weld kit, lots of patience, and helping hands from a friend, I got them back together, and VERY CAREFULLY, reinstalled them. Check out a video on youtube about welding plastic using wire ties and a soldering iron. Works! But, very tricky.
good luck! gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk