News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 23, 2024, 07:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Snow machine  (Read 1776 times)

Offline GrimWeafer

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Dare To Be Different
    • Instagram
Snow machine
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »
Hello There!

Hey I'm having issue driving my eagle in the snow and general acceleration. I know it could be a number of things but I've been told a new carb and sorry utter might do the trick and get me back to the deep powder. Any recommended carbs? I've still go the original carter and is there a specific that work well?

Thank you.

1981 AMC Eagle Limited
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Snow machine
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »
Hey Grim! Welcome to the Den!

Might need some more specifics about why it's not working to well in the snow? You might have some vacuum issues and the car isn't actually getting into 4x4. That surely would make it hard to drive in the snow! There are some good tuning threads for the carter carb. That's a start. Don't toss out the carter if it's not dead. If you do toss it out though, many people go to the Motorcraft 21XX carb and adapter kit.

Here is a thread on tuning the carb...it's actually over on the EVO site.

http://forums.amcevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1786
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
Re: Snow machine
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
Yes, you really sort out any vacuum issues before blaming the carb.  Along with the hoses, check to see if all the intake manifold fasteners are tight, specially the ones on each end.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk