News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 05, 2024, 10:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: hello out there  (Read 2612 times)

Offline shredeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
hello out there
« on: December 06, 2012, 03:10:06 AM »
im proud to be a new hatchling. i bought my first eagle (81 sx4)in march of 2012 and im enjoying it very much. it reminds me of my first car a rambler american i had in 1975 only my eagle is much more fun. i will be posting pics soon. its the red&black sport model not in  show car condition but very clean inside&out complete& all original. im  going to be doing some things(paint,lift, tires,ect)soon and have some questions ill be posting .i also purchaced another 81 sx4 i found at a local junk yard thats in suprisingly good shape and mostly complete for parts . i mite do some swaping of parts although i feel bad not puting it back on the road. give me a yell.

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Re: hello out there
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:23:56 AM »
2 Eagles already?!  :rotfl: Welcome to the nut house.... urm, I mean  Eagle world  ;).
No, seriously most of us have more than 1 Eagle... it's completely normal. It's a horrible disease
Anyways welcome to the Nest. If you have any questions, this is a great group of guys and gals that will help. And at this point has probably seen, heard and done it all.

P.S.
We LOVE pictures!
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jurjen

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:41 AM »
Nut house alright, bolts too ....
Welocome BTW.
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »
We went 27 years after purchasing our first Eagle before acquiring a second. Congrats to you, and welcome to the 'nest :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »
2 Eagles already?!  :rotfl: Welcome to the nut house.... urm, I mean  Eagle world  ;).
No, seriously most of us have more than 1 Eagle... it's completely normal. It's a horrible disease
Anyways welcome to the Nest. If you have any questions, this is a great group of guys and gals that will help. And at this point has probably seen, heard and done it all.

P.S.
We LOVE pictures!

I thought it was required for Eagles to have a "friend" at all times... It seems like I always have at least 2.

Welcome to the nest!!!
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
I'm still looking for my second Eagle.  All I have is a Gremlin cousin.

And congrats and welcome to the Nest!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk