News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 03:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: power brake booster  (Read 2212 times)

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
power brake booster
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Well it looks like I'm going to have to install a new power brake booster on the wagon and was wondering it anybody had any tips I should be aware off or is it pretty straight forward. Does appear it might be easier if the hood was off but I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. Thanks
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: power brake booster
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:24 PM »
It's pretty straight forward. I've got a bad shoulder and hate getting under the dash. I use a cordless impact wrench with a long extension and a universal, if needed, to get to the nuts inside the car that hold the booster to the firewall.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:04:02 AM »
I have an A1 Cardone one for sale that's rebuilt master/booster
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
Carnuck,Wish I had known that three days ago I would have purchased yours instead of ordering one from autozone. Price was not to bad except the thirty five dollar core charge and tax of course. I at least will get the core charge back once I take it in. But thanks. Got the old one off today and it had about a pint of brake fluid in it. The po owner told me the car had a brake problem when I purchased it but he didn't know what was wrong.After going through the brakes I found it was leaking out of the rear of the master cylinder and the power booster was sucking it in and done it in also.Would like to take it apart before I return it for credit but probably better not. Imagine I would find a hole in the diaphram where the brake fluid ate thru.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk