News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 04:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front wagon coil spring questions from an Eagle owner in Spain  (Read 5893 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
He's tried several times in the last couple of years to register here without any luck and posted this on another forum. If you are a member of The AMC Forum, you can add your input there or if not, post it here and I will relay it to him. http://theamcforum.com/forum/amc-eagle-coil-springs_topic41534.html

"Hello, anybody can help me?

My AMC Eagle is located overseas, in Spain-Europe and since I bought it, its front suspension is a little wrecked, its height is 2 inchs taller in driver side compared to passenger side, the coil spring from the driver side has 6 coils and the coil spring from passenger side has only 5 coils. 

I never saw previoulsy anoher AMC Eagle front suspension , so at first I was planning to replace the front coil springs, assuming that one of the coils don´t fit correctly on the AMC, I was thinking the "6 coils" coil spring was replaced previoulsy I bought the car, and this part may came from a different car.

Recently I got different opinions about the problem of its wrecked front suspension. 

From AMC Forum I got the opinion that the "6 coils" spings don´t fit on the Eagle and it is possible to came from a Javelin.

But now I am in a sea of doubts, because the people from a suspension company told me,  thinking the coil springs were bad re-installed time ago:

I recommended switching the driver side front springs and the passenger side front spring to see if this would level out the vehicle.

Prior to do this work in a mechanic and lost a lot of money, I need to be assure, so I ask for more opinions from the members, about if the "6 coils" coil spring that wear my Eagle could be an stock piece of my car, or it may be a junkyard part that not be specific for the Eagle.

Driver's side spring

Passenger spring

Thanks to all the people of the forum for their help"
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

Re: Front wagon coil spring questions from an Eagle owner in Spain
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
He's tried several times in the last couple of years to register here without any luck

This is sad! We need to get this guy on the site! Real Eagle Owners shouldn't be turned away.

IIRC, the Javy springs were the only ones that are available new from Espo at Springs N Things. Several Eagle owners have used them and they work, but are beefier and do raise the Eagle up a bit more than stock height...not much though.

EDIT: Not to confuse anyone, but if you do order the ESPO springs from Springs N Things they are listed as Eagle springs, but I believe the consensus was that they are Javelin Springs. They are a bit beefier and do raise the Eagle slightly, I thought there was a picture somewhere on the forum comparing the stock spring to the new springs from ESPO, but I can't find it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:37:59 AM by Prafeston »

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
Yes,we need to get him over here.The AMCForum is nice but there's sooo much on there with the different models-I think he'll like it here and find what he needs,that's my 2 cents.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
mine sat just like that, turned out to be a bad ball joint though.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
I've been with that site for a few years, and I found my old user name for it.  I signed on, and sent him a pm about this site.

I told him if he comes over, send me a pm (thru that site) and I'll fasttrack him.

Then, he can get some real help for his eagle.

Prafeston

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »
Good work Whuntmore.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
I've been with that site for a few years, and I found my old user name for it.  I signed on, and sent him a pm about this site.

I told him if he comes over, send me a pm (thru that site) and I'll fasttrack him.

Sounds great. I've been communicating with him the last few days via PM's on the other site and today he thinks he might have figured out the signing in problem, may be a cookie problem on his end.

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
I wonder if ESPO ships overseas.  If not maybe someone could order coils for him and ship them.  I suspect shipping would be very expensive.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »

EGGselent deal Whuntmore. Always nice to see somebody helping folks out.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »

Sounds great. I've been communicating with him the last few days via PM's on the other site and today he thinks he might have figured out the signing in problem, may be a cookie problem on his end.

Thanks everyone, and Good to hear you've been in contact with him also, Eaglefreek

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
I wonder if ESPO ships overseas.  If not maybe someone could order coils for him and ship them.  I suspect shipping would be very expensive.

Jim, he doesn't want the ESPO springs since they aren't really Eagle springs and lift the front. He actually would like it to sit a little lower than stock.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »
Stock are 5 rounds. 6 rounds are aftermarket like the Concord wagon ones I put on mine that makes it sit taller and ride firmer (but not buckboard harsh like the 3" modded Ford pickup springs on Max98059's parts rig which would be better suited for somebody wanting to jump their Eagle or put a V8 in with AC or add a winch bumper.)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk