News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 05:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rubber hoses for brakes?  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Rubber hoses for brakes?
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
besides buying these from Rock Auto, is there any compatible rubber brake lines I can get?  Like is there a chev or Jeep part I can just swap over to? 

I have all new brakes, but I want to replace the rubber lines, and I'd hate to have to buy new calipers again.

The reason I'm trying to avoid buying these from Rock Auto, is El Matador has stated sometimes they get parts from several sources, and there's several shipping charges with parts coming from several different places.

I'd prefer to be able to walk into a local car parts store here, and order brake hoses that are a bolt up.

Any ideas?

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Re: Rubber hoses for brakes?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
I ordered mine fromThe Zone. Not sure if you have them in Canada, ey?
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:31:36 AM »
The reason I'm trying to avoid buying these from Rock Auto, is El Matador has stated sometimes they get parts from several sources, and there's several shipping charges with parts coming from several different places.

If the parts are coming from several different locations it will tell you that before you place the order from Rock Auto.  I would go ahead and start the order process and see what it tells you.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
I got longer hoses for mine that were (IIRC) for an XJ. Whatever the matching vehicle was for the calipers.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
I got longer hoses for mine that were (IIRC) for an XJ. Whatever the matching vehicle was for the calipers.

So, you got different calipers on your eagle then?  I have the eagle calipers, think the XJ will fit those?

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
I looked up what other vehicles used the same calipers. Still have the new hoses and calipers waiting to go on my wagon when I get $$ for new rotors.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »
I ordered a ton of parts from rockauto and they were shipped from several different warehouses and each one charged me for shipping. Was none to happy about that but at least I got the needed parts and had them all within two days.Still smarting over the shipping charges although! Only problem was the new rubber front brake lines came without the copper washers that are needed to prevent leakage. Been to every auto parts stores within twenty miles and have had no luck finding four of those bad boys. Called rockauto and they told me I got the last two brake lines they had for a eagle. They did ask if I wanted to return the brake lines which I said he-- no to but I still need those four copper washers. Any of you know where I might find them? Lady at auto zone told me thats what I get for owning a weirdo car. Didn't think that was funny so I just left without making a  a-- of myself.I guess little does she know all brake lines use those copper washers.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Not all of them, but enough. Any Euro car places around you? Fuel lines use them too. NAPA used to have a box full of them in different sizes (mine did because I was a parts guy, not a counter leaner "would you like fries with that" kind of salesperson)

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
@ Wuntmore, If you run out of options, you can go to your local GM dealer and order hoses for your eagle, lol. No joke, ACDelco makes hoses for them, I have them on the sx/4, normally take about a week to get them, and a little pricey, but fit correct. 19173113 ($39) usd, 19173114 ($40 usd), are the fronts, 18031863 ($33 usd) is the rear.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
You have to watch out because the calipers and hoses changed between '80 and '83 up

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
@ Wuntmore, If you run out of options, you can go to your local GM dealer and order hoses for your eagle, lol. No joke, ACDelco makes hoses for them, I have them on the sx/4, normally take about a week to get them, and a little pricey, but fit correct. 19173113 ($39) usd, 19173114 ($40 usd), are the fronts, 18031863 ($33 usd) is the rear.

For what year of eagle your number for?  Carnuck says hoses changed after '83, and I've got an '86...

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »
I looked those up under an 86. I used the same hoses on the 81 though, no issues (catalog didn't list them for an 81, so I went newer til I found a listing, lol).
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk