News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 02:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Story  (Read 1640 times)

Offline FlintCreekMan

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
My Story
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
Hello. Although I no longer have an Eagle I am still a huge fan of the car and the make. Actually the Eagle is now my dream car. I used to have an 82 AMC Eagle sx/4 sport. I have heard the thing where you never forget your first car. and I sure believe it, however my case is much more than that. I loved my car. It suited my needs so perfectly. I am an avid outdoorsman and I love being in natural water, it's sorta my thing. I love swimming in creeks and rivers much more than the next man. My Eagle gave me the oppurtunity to do things such as that much more! I was able to drive down the highway where I used to live and then turn off the ramp on this little bridge and drive down into the creek and through it to my swimming hole whenever I wanted. Whether it be after school or in the summer or anytime I wanted. My friends found it to be very useful as well. I got many people stuck out of the mudpits by my house as well as the creeks and rivers I often went to. My car proved itself to be much more capable of any of the trucks and Jeeps that is helped get unstuck. All of this while still getting more than decent gas mileage. It was perfect. But after awhile my mother decided it was ugly and I had to get rid of it. To please her I traded it for a convertible 92 convertible mustang. The guy with the mustang said he had the same kind of Eagle in highschool and that was why he was making the trade. He said he was a big fan of the car and how no problem with it. The guys said he had a few things wrong with the mustang and he would be back out with the parts he already ordered to fix it for me for free. He said he was glad to have an Eagle again. After he left the mustang fell to pieces and all the numbers and emails he gave me were fake or wrong. He dissappeared. I literally laid in my bed and cried at the loss of my car. I named him Spencer. You may think it crazy to be so attached to an "ugly hunk of junk" but I saw more in that car than I see in any modern piece of plastic on the roads today. AMC really knew what they were doing. In any case that was years ago but I still have never gotten over it. I am working a full time job now and am saving up money for a car. If anyone could help me get another Eagle I would be more than eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
                                                                          FlintCreekMan

:eaglebig:

rohnk

Re: My Story
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
Welcome to the Nest brother! Our stories are very similar. My first car was an 82 SX/4, blue on black. My sister drove it for a year and then I took over. Had to fix a lot of things she wore out.

I now have an 82 SX/4 I bought in 2010 out in Nebraska. I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI and if I come across one, I'll let you know. I'll even go on a road trip with you to pick one up! I love road trips. My latest Eagle is named Road Trip.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk