News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 05, 2024, 06:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Javelin and Jeeps  (Read 4464 times)

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
My Javelin and Jeeps
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
I just joined so i figured id show you all my other AMC's.. :amc:

My 72 javelin project. Havent been working on it lately since im rebuiling my CJ5. The engine is close to done even though the car isnt close. Its the original 360 that was punched .020 over with 10.5:1 forged pistons, new forged rods, hydraulic roller cam, indy aluminum heads, and torker intake. Will be a strong 360. Has an auto which will get a reverse manual valve body.

My 76 cj5. The dark green pic is shortly after i painted it in high school. It was a patched rusty body and started rusting through again so i bought a new steel body and went through the whole jeep. Just got the new body back from the body shop last weekend. The engine is a rebuilt 360 with a mild cam, ported heads, offy intake and carter 625 carb. It will have fenderwell headers and sidepipes again. 4 speed manual.

My 81 wagoneer. This is my main driver/work rig. Has a 4.0 head swapped 258 and t-176 4 speed manual. Actually selling to get my eagle.

rohnk

Re: My Javelin and Jeeps
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
I'm drooling! Love to see CJ builds with tub off chassis. I want to do one someday with a military theme.

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
Nice collection! Even with no hood that javelin just looks mean.

rohnk

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »
I agree, that Javelin is an awesome looking car. I love the lines and how it just flows from front to back. Someday, Someday it'l be my turn to have one! :meditate:

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
Very nice! How did you like the DUI on the 258?
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »
Very nice! How did you like the DUI on the 258?

The DUI performs great. I originally had that distributor in a different 258 and noticed added power after the install. It fired up quicker and just seemed to run smoother all around. That was going from prestolite ignition to the DUI though. I know the motorcraft ignition is better than the prestolite is

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
That's one DUI I wouldn't mind getting in my eagle  :rotfl:...seriously though, that's a fine collection you got there Jerry.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »
Got the motor together and into my CJ's chassis. Looks great. Cant wait to hear it start and run. Put a sweet .521" lift summit cam into it. Should sound nasty!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk