News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 17, 2024, 05:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Intro and basic Eagle Q's  (Read 10838 times)

Prafeston

Re: Intro and basic Eagle Q's
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
Sweet! So you bought it?

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »
Looks great on the outside.  and You say there's no real rust?    Dammit bro, save it!!

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 03:00:30 AM »
Then Pretty much all you need to do is get the interior fixed up/replaced/revamped, and you're cruzing!

Yes, and take lots of pictures, and start a topic under Project cars, and take lots of pictures, and keep us up on how yer doing.  WE love to follow Projects with lots of pictures.

Offline BaldEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
Yes, I bought it..........didn't even try haggling over the price, for such a sweet deal. Just towed it across the hwy with the Soobie (NO pics of that, ever!) It needed the battery hooked back up and charged, and I was impressed to see an entire battery tray there, though it does need surface rust removed.  :o
Seats will be okay with covers, headliner to be removed for now, new starter? and lots of cleaning. I'm still undecided about any mods to be done, and what direction I want to go with it. I could lift it, but the temptation to take it off-road may be too great for the body's cond, and I have the Soob for that anyway. Maybe a sleeper screaming eagle!?!

Follow me over here, for progress and pics soon with the REAL camera:
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=38160.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk