News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 07:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Trailer Queen" the 1983 Limited Wagon  (Read 77788 times)

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
Re: My First Eagle: 1983 Limited Wagon "Trailer Queen"
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »
I thought the spirit grills had a round AMC badge with a chrome ring around it

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »
I thought the spirit grills had a round AMC badge with a chrome ring around it

The 79s did, 80 and newer have what prafeston put on his eagle.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
Love the grill! Looks really good.Is it a direct fit without mods? And what year is it from? Looks awsome.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Prafeston

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »
Love the grill! Looks really good.Is it a direct fit without mods? And what year is it from? Looks awsome.

Well the eBay ad didn't say a year. Just said Spirit grill...from what ammachine said it sounds like it's an 80+ Spirit grill.

And the fit is pretty good. No mods necessary. There are some tabs where the screws go in on the car and they can be slide back and forth to match the holes on the grill. I was pretty impressed!

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »
I have a 80 chrome grill,A 80 sport blacked out grill, a spirit grill and last but not least an AMX grill so I will be trying all four and will try to post a poll.

If you ever want to sell the AMX grill I'll buy it from you.

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
I have a 80 chrome grill,A 80 sport blacked out grill, a spirit grill and last but not least an AMX grill so I will be trying all four and will try to post a poll.

If you ever want to sell the AMX grill I'll buy it from you.
Once I try them on it I will let you know first Priya. The sport version of the 1980 is NOS and I put a NOS Eagle emblem on it. I payed big bucks for that one. The AMX was not cheap either but there is not even 1 crack or missing tab.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
I appreciate your keeping me in mind, milliard :)

Prafeston

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »
I haven't posted in some time. Put the Gronk carb on quite awhile ago, but I still have some adjusting to do...not to mention that one of the ears where the carb bolts on cracked as I was installing it and it happens to be on the one side there is a vacuum port right there so I might be getting a bit of a leak there and I'll have to get that fixed soon. The car isn't running real great at the moment and I'm still waiting to install the new valve cover. Hopefully in the next week or so I can finish all the things I need to do with the Carb...main thing is I haven't done the ECM Test Bypass thing.

I did install new spark plugs and the TFI/Ignition upgrade from Gronk this weekend. Still taking forever to start, but I'm thinking that is still the carb issue.

Here is some pics of what it looks like right now.

You can see the crack on the left side of the carb in these photos.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
We still need to hook up and figure out  ho we are going to fix that broken ear on your carb.  I can't imagine it will run right with a crack in it.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Prafeston

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
We still need to hook up and figure out  ho we are going to fix that broken ear on your carb.  I can't imagine it will run right with a crack in it.

Agreed, I haven't decided if I wanna have it shipped to you to fix or if I wanna find someone locally that could do it.

Offline EAGLER

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
special welding for aluminium or it will leak for sure. it already happened to me otherwise you`ll need to get a new carb
because nobody grows up knowing all

Prafeston

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
I haven't posted on here in awhile. Still having some idling issues and start up issues, but I'm hoping to set the timing tomorrow when it supposed to be a bit warmer out. I did have the crack welded...it doesn't look pretty, but it is doing it's job.

I also snagged the skid plate off of Threepete and installed it on TQ. It still needs to be removed again so I can clean it even better and tap two of the holes for the bottom bolts. Apparently if your Eagle didn't come with a skid plate the hole weren't tapped. They are there but not tapped. I did have a little small metal protector thing on the passenger side two bolts so I was able to at least put the skid plate on using those two holes.

Cleaning the gunk off the skid plate before putting it on TQ. Had to use a puddy knife!

And here is the small metal protector that was already mounted.

And here is the skid plate installed showing the two holes that were not tapped.

And then the skid plate installed
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:55:21 PM by Prafeston »

Prafeston

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
Today I also put in the clear lens turn signals. I can't decide if I like them more or not.

I found out when installing the turn signals that both my headlight buckets in TQ are broken on a couple of the places where the headlight trim screws in. Also I knew one of my headlights was a little cross eyed and I found out it is because the adjuster is broken.

I also have some things coming my way shortly. Getting a set of mud flaps and some NOS Marchal fog lights with the white covers. Also trading captspillane my '80 grill and clear signals (not the ones I just installed. I bought those before I bought Threepete.) for a set of the chrome ventshades. Really excited about getting those!

So here is what Threepete looks like right now! :) Had to toss the drivers side headlight trim...and both buckets are pretty much cracked to pieces.

Threepete also had a pretty decent cargo cover, but unfortunately I believe it is the honey color. Doesn't quite match.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:13:58 PM by Prafeston »

Offline JustinS

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thief River Falls, MN
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
TQ's looking awesome as always!  I'd probably stick with the clear (though I am still torn on that one).  Looks good on 'er.  Sorry Threepete didn't work out as well as you'd hoped.  :(
Justin S.

-1972 Plymouth Gold Duter 225ci                     
-1974 Chevy Nova Hatchback SBC (Gator)          -1997 Dodge Dakota 5.2L (Red)
-1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 258ci (Seagle)                -1999 Subaru Legacy 2.5L (The Wife's)

Click for Thief_River_Falls, MN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
TQ's looking awesome as always!  I'd probably stick with the clear (though I am still torn on that one).  Looks good on 'er.  Sorry Threepete didn't work out as well as you'd hoped.  :(

Thanks! Yeah, I'll probably stick with the clear. It seems to go with the chrome better. Though i don't think the orange looks as bad on the dark brown cars as it does on some of the other colors.

And as far as Threepete goes...you win some, you lose some! :) And I am trading some things off of it for some ventshades which are kind of rare...so I guess you could say I paid 865 bucks for some ventshades for TQ!  :rotfl:

Tomorrow hopefully it will be a bit warmer and I can clean Threepete up a bit and put it up for sale. Tried starting it today and I think the battery is dead again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk