News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 16, 2024, 01:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: prestolite to Duraspark II question?  (Read 8141 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: prestolite to Duraspark II question?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »
The Duraspark II will not just drop in and to be honest, when going from points to electronic ignition, the easiest way is to drop an HEI in.  1 wire and regap the plugs.  I sell the TFI upgrades for the DII ignitions and the HEI's and I always recommend the HEI when moving from points.  I do recommend a 12V ceramic resistor on the HEI though.

I couldn't find this info on your Evilbay page, do you have pics/write-up for this?  After the issues I had yesterday with my Eagle breaking down on the side of the highway, I'm interested to know what you've got. 

We (you, me, whoever) should post it, for other members looking to upgrade.  If you want, send me the write-up, and pics, and I'll post it for you.

Sorry for hijacking this topic...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk