News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 10:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another set of Wings  (Read 2748 times)

Offline PatrickH

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Wyoming Eagle
Another set of Wings
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
After my double Bambi several months ago, I have been wanting to find another wagon with hopefully fewer needs. I received a great deal on a 1991 Subaru 4wd wagon that is a great car, 30mpg, 4wd, BUT...It just couldn't pull dead Superdutys into the shop like my Eagle could, or pull my trash trailer like my Eagle could, or...or... or... so I started looking again, with no means to buy of course. There on the list was a 1983 Wagon in Casper WY, $1000. Pix looked good, and we managed a trade for my little pop up camper. Haven't go the carb on it yet to hear it run, but it is supposed to run great till it dies!  ::) I expect it is just an ignition module from the way it was described. Paint still pretty shiny, interior nice, 105k on odometer. Of course now I have to either buy new tires or lift this one to fit the 225/70R15 Generals from my first. Now I need the Subaru to sell to have a little seed money for my new set of wings. Here's a link if you want some pix
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=204694082895046&id=100000633672677&aid=49709&l=52b00ccd27
"Many can help fix your car...Only JESUS can Heal your soul! The Bible is the "Factory Service Manual" for every human...It tells how to live, and how to fix life when it is broken!" "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God..." Eph 2:8

Offline PatrickH

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Wyoming Eagle
Re: Another set of Wings
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
Pickup  coil in the distributor.Not the module. I was getting spark only when shutting the key off, and I had  power to all points. AMC's test of checking the ohms gave a false "good" test for the pickup. $23 and a little time now I have my spark back. Now to  go thru the carb to get fuel flowing properly. I atleast got the engine to run enough  to NOT hear knocks!
"Many can help fix your car...Only JESUS can Heal your soul! The Bible is the "Factory Service Manual" for every human...It tells how to live, and how to fix life when it is broken!" "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God..." Eph 2:8

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Another set of Wings
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
congrats on the new eagle dude it looks good.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk