News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 20, 2024, 08:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Canada to California (and back!)  (Read 350 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 47
Canada to California (and back!)
« on: August 12, 2024, 11:32:15 AM »
I somewhat regularly attend or exhibit at Vintage Computer Festival which takes places at multiple times throughout the United States. The closest show to me is 1600km down the coastline in Mountain View, California. Solid day and a half of driving if you average 70mph the whole way.
I did the same trip last year and decided this year to do it again but with a camera setup that took a photo every 5 seconds. The result was 37000 still images that make up the trip and back. Took three days to download, sort and build it together into one 20 minute long compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFYvIYa85w

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 47
Re: Canada to California (and back!)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 03:47:44 PM »
The fuel stats have been broken down.

Total distance traveled by odometer - 3705km
Total stops for fuel - 10
Total liters of fuel used - 526.025L
Total cost for fuel - $868.41cad (under-budget by $131.59!)
Average MPG (caution: this number is skewed low if the tank was filled before it went completely empty*) - 18.76MPG combined Highway/City

*Last year I was more daring and drove there and back more willing to run the tank pretty much empty and saw as high as 25mpg, so how I'm calculating MPG isn't totally accurate.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 04:12:27 PM by MIPS »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk