News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 23, 2024, 01:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ECM Test Bypass  (Read 2287 times)

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
ECM Test Bypass
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »
Just a quick question can't really seem to find a diffinitive answer in research  :banghead: SOOOO Can i perform the ECM Test and keep the carter?!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: ECM Test Bypass
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »
Yes, you will end up unplugging the feeback part, but you have to do it at the right time. There are lots of write ups on the procedue.

I did it to mine and ran it that way for several years, worked great. However I finally changed carbs and went HEI for the ignition
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »
Bet. So do the warm up slighty and mess with a few things to make the needles go rich? hahah .

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:27:55 AM »
You do warm it up, there is a write up about it in the eaglepdia .
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
i printed it out lol

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »
Hmmm. I just turned my key on cold and unplugged it then swapped in the HEI (after I rebuilt the carb and it STILL was acting up due to ignition/feedback problems)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
OK! im actually running it unplugged without the ECM Test done and it seems to perform well. i also just recieved the tfi in the mail so hopefully i can get'r done and running smoothly!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk