News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 09:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 82 Kammy  (Read 4216 times)

Offline BAHuys

• Broke College Student
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Broke College Student
82 Kammy
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
Greetings North Carolina,

I bought this '82 Kammy a couple of years ago for around $500. In typical used car fasion, it ran when I bought it, but hasn't since.  My college schedule has opened up enough that I brought it down from the farm to my place near school so I can work on it a bit.  Right now it has the 151 Iron Duke, 904 tranny, and a whole host of issues.

The hood is on the roof, so I can actually get to stuff...  The hood seems to open a grand total of 30 degrees, just enough to whack the back of my head on every time I try and look at something...

I've ripped all the rotten and tattered vac lines out of the engine compartment, not many of them were connected anyways...

Back last summer, I was tinkering a bit, trying to get it to fire, new distributor, coil, plugs, wires, ignition mdule, etc, no luck.

It has some holes in the head, so I'm debating wether it's even worth spending more time and money fixing the 151.

So, I think I'm gonna put a 350 in it this summer.  I figure that if I'm putting money in the car, I may as well have something that I like, rather than a worn out 4.

Right now, my goal is just to get it rolling under it's own power, but later on, I plan on lifting it ~2", good bumpers,  maybe a bull bar, safari racks, etc.  I'm a welder, so all that won't be a problem.

I'll keep y'all posted on problems/progress...

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: 82 Kammy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »
It's always great to see more Kammbacks on the forum!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
Welcome to the Den. 
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
 :rotfl: Looks as good as my 81. Same color and all.. If during the conversion you don't use parts I need all I can get.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline Brentmo

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:07:24 AM »
A lifted V8 kamback with welded bumpers, sounds awesome!
Take my advice, I'm not using it...

08 JK Unlimited - daily driver
98 K1500 HT383 stroker - pulling, camping, road trips
83 SX4 Sport - resto project underway

Offline BAHuys

• Broke College Student
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Broke College Student
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »
:rotfl: Looks as good as my 81. Same color and all.. If during the conversion you don't use parts I need all I can get.

Sweet, I wasn't sure if there were any others around...

I'll take some pictures of the trim/old seats that I have in sparta, I'm not using them...  You want hubcaps?  Anything that I rip out, I'm posting for sale.

Actually, when I was loading it on the trailer to bring it down the mountain, I busted the back glass.  :censored: :banghead:  Otherwise, I would be offering that for sale...

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 08:08:25 PM »
so I take it this one is going to be used strictly offroad? if so I can't wait to see how this evolves.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline TwoEaglesForMe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Greg
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:54 PM »
Ohh I'm jealous a Kammy for 500 bucks...  I'd love to have one of those,  but the only one I have ever seen here in Jersey for sale looked like something pulled from the bottom of the ocean...  Great find and good luck with the build. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk