News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 05, 2024, 12:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a couple questions  (Read 2941 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
a couple questions
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
All I can do is think about driving an eagle right now, and I have to wait at lest a week. :(
So I figured I'd just ask some questions I have or some fun ones.

Did the sx4 sport only come in black interior? Its all I've seen.

Do all sx4s have sun/moon roofs?  I actually know one near me does, but I have no idea if they installed it after, or if it was stock, and really like the idea, but I don't know if they all have it.

I read something about CB radios. I think that's about the coolest thing ever, and if I could find one, I would have to get it. Is that just plug and play or is it hard to install? 

Also are there a specific size or model needed?

I've seen alot more wagons one here than sx4's... What is your favorite model? I personally like sx4s the most. I'm not much for wagons, and I think kammebacks look really goofy, but when they are done right (cant remember whose it is but it's called pepe) they look great. 

What is your favorite thing about eagles? And how did you find them and what about them made you love them?

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
Re: a couple questions
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
i guess i like how the four wheel drive works with a viscous coupling transfer case, and for the fact that it has style compared to most new cars. i also like how mine drives overall, even when the alignment is all messed up. the toe is currently way off.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
Kinda left out sedans.  Not big into 4 door sedans but the 2 doors I like a bit, and I think the Sundancer (?) is neat. 
I test drove an eagle on Sunday, and though it wasn't the best, the steering was amazing. Better than my car. It felt lighter than air!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
All I can do is think about driving an eagle right now, and I have to wait at lest a week. :(
So I figured I'd just ask some questions I have or some fun ones.

Did the sx4 sport only come in black interior? Its all I've seen.  Other interior colors were available, most were black though.

Do all sx4s have sun/moon roofs?  I actually know one near me does, but I have no idea if they installed it after, or if it was stock, and really like the idea, but I don't know if they all have it. Optional, either from the factory or after market.

I read something about CB radios. I think that's about the coolest thing ever, and if I could find one, I would have to get it. Is that just plug and play or is it hard to install?  A rear option that installs where the regular radio is at.  They do come up for sale now and then, make sure it comes with the microphone as it has a weird connector, you also need a different antenna.

Also are there a specific size or model needed? AMC supplied is the best, also found in AMC built Jeeps

I've seen alot more wagons one here than sx4's... What is your favorite model? I personally like sx4s the most. I'm not much for wagons, and I think kammebacks look really goofy, but when they are done right (cant remember whose it is but it's called pepe) they look great.    Over 100,000 wagons built.  Only about 37,000 SX/4's

What is your favorite thing about eagles? And how did you find them and what about them made you love them?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:26:15 PM »
Here's the thing I like best about my Eagle

I drive mine every day, this morning I had to take a load of garbage to the dumpster, I have a wagon so it will hold a lot of stuff. While I am unloading a guy in a new dually dodge diesel truck ( probably like 50k worth of truck) says he loves my car and asks if he can take a picture of it to show his friends at work how cool it is.

Later this afternoon I hooked my trailer to it to get some wood at the building supply place and again all the guys in the store had to come out and see the Eagle

You will find out that this happens almost every day when you get one

eagles are unique  and cool and super fun to drive, I love mine it been my favorite car for many many years and still going strong.  If it ever dies or gets wreaked beyond repair I would buy another one in a minute
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

eagles are unique  and cool and super fun to drive, I love mine it been my favorite car for many many years and still going strong.  If it ever dies or gets wreaked beyond repair I would buy another one in a minute

I couldn't have said it better myself.  I own the Kammback that youngkyle refers to, and so its an added bonus for me since it is a descendant of the Gremlin, which was my first car.  Plus, the Kammback is very nimble, which makes it even more fun to drive!  And lots of people comment on the Eagles, which they would never do if you owned a fancy schmancy sports car, since they would think you're a snob - think of all the fun conversations they are missing out on.

I like to drive my Eagle so lots of people can see it.  THink about it, if I only took it to car shows, maybe a few hundred people would see it every year.  This way, thousands get to see it every day!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
When I first started here, I read every "cone of confusion" story and I have to say that's what I most look forward to.  People saying what's that? and what not.  I have this friend that is still in high school and the highlight of my day was chatting it up with him because we both love cars.  I was thinking how cool it would be to show up there to pick up my sister after school in a beautiful sx4 and show it off.  I never really thought of that (sports cars vs eagles) but I defiantly would whip around and find another eagle driving by than a cool sport car. Exception : delorean.  (there's only like 9000 and there's one in my small town! Had to stop and look.) 

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
Thanks Kyle.  The Cone of Confusion was coined by a member here who has now passed on.  He was a pilot in the RCAF and one heck of good photographer.  He is sorely missed.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk