News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 09:59:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Water thru my intake  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Water thru my intake
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
Is it nessicary to rout the water thru the intake or is that just to help warm it up?

I live in Tennessee so its not like it gets very cold here,

As I put my Eagle back toghether I am really trying to elimate as many hoses and wires as possible

My Dad and I ware working on his 74 Gremlin with a 232, now there is a simple engine bay!! I am going for that look if possible!!

I assume if I dont use them I can just cap them off? Wondering what others hav done, or reccomend

THanks in advance
Rob
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
Re: Water thru my intake
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
If you're in a warmer climate you don't need to run water through your intake.  As you suggested that is done to help the car run better in cold conditions as it warms up.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Water thru my intake
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Also improves economy a bit
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk