News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 21, 2024, 03:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OH "POOP" Handles (Interior Grab Bar)  (Read 4370 times)

Prafeston

OH "POOP" Handles (Interior Grab Bar)
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
Was curious if anyone has installed their own Oh :censored: handles? I found some Wagoneer pull strap handles on eBay and they are in nutmeg and I was thinking they would make nice interior handles.

I've always been a little curious why the Eagle doesn't have any of these? Were they an option I just didn't get or were they never made for the Eagle?

I had thought about this before, but I was driving my dad around the other day and I took a turn pretty sharp and he started grabbing up toward the ceiling and was like, "What no Oh :censored: handles?" Just figured I'd start a thread on the subject...see if anyone had tried installing any or had any advice on installing some...It would seem you'd need to screw into the roof so I could see how this could cause some problems.

68AMXGOPAC

Re: OH "POOP" Handles (Interior Grab Bar)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
Older javalins and such used to have one above or near the glovebox.Have never seen any on an Eagle of any style , great idea though. I Find them comfortable to just hang onto as a passenger , kinda hang your arm like an ape thing...lol.

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
I Find them comfortable to just hang onto as a passenger , kinda hang your arm like an ape thing...lol.

Exactly! Give some comfort to the passenger when you are barreling down the road at alarming speeds or bouncing around on a trail. Seems like it would have been a no brainer option for an Eagle. They can also aid in entering/exiting the vehicle.

I'd like to put some in TQ, but it would seem it would require drilling into the roof.

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
I have at least 8 of these, they are from a Mercedes Benz sedan:

There are 4 in every sedan, and I have scrapped 2 cars.   They would bolt on just above the molding above the window frame.  
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:16:47 AM by rollguy »
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Prafeston

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
So they did come on the AMC Eagle Sedans?

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
So they did come on the AMC Eagle Sedans?
Sorry, I forgot that I am not on the Mercedes Benz forum.  I corrected my post, they are from an MB.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Prafeston

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
This is what I found on eBay. I believe they actually go on the doors and are used to pull them closed, but it looks like they could be used for what I'm thinking.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »
My '84 wagon had them attached to the trim above the door on the pass side and by both back doors (I hung my work clothes on the one behind me since it didn't have a hook)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »
With support spacers beneath the vertical windshield moldings couldn't they be fastened there? :amc:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk