News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Load Leveling Air conection  (Read 3321 times)

Offline DESA

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 1983 sport wagon 1983 GMC 6.2L 3/4 ton
Load Leveling Air conection
« on: November 04, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »
I pulled a complete working Auto Load Leveling system from a parts car to install on my 88, everything is intact except the original line that connected in the rear at the shocks. I have new Munroe air shocks and all new line splicing the original connection at the compressor to my new line. Now the only problem I'm having is the actual connection for the shocks. Monroe provides us with a T fitting and line to both shocks thats great but because I don't have the original connection for the rear I need something that will thread onto the valve part of the T connection ( a female end that treads on) Does anyone know what I'm talking about or where I can find what I'm looking for?
1983 AMC sport wagon
1988 AMC white wagon
1987 AMC parts wagon
1983 GMC 6.2L 3/4 ton 4x4

Offline EAGLEYE

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Re: Load Leveling Air conection
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »
if your trying to hook up to a factory air system i believe the t fitting you need is a monroe ak-16 if the line going to the pump is 1/8'. if its 3/16" you need a ak-14. i think you hav a fill t which is for 2 lines and access to fill manually i dont know of any cap that will fit on the valve end to hold that 3rd line..

Offline DESA

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »
Awesome thanks for the info sounds Like I got the manual fill T from Monroe I guess I should have know this before I ordered the shocks. I'll look for the quick connect push on type T from the hardware store or order the proper Monroe T if I have to. Just curious how are both your systems working out? 
1983 AMC sport wagon
1988 AMC white wagon
1987 AMC parts wagon

Offline HappyPappy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:11:26 AM »
Casper: You are 100% right about that, heard of a few wagons doing the same. It's called "weak floor". unitized body.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
Actually it's called putting a load on parts that were designed to dampen loads and not carry them. Increasing the spring strength is the proper way to go.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline DESA

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »
Well the install went together smooth everything works. What a cool little system, one thing I noticed is you really need a heavy load on the back of the car for the load sensor to kick the compressor in. I figured two people standing on the hitch would do it, but no. Oh well I'm sure it will come in handy hauling the trailer and bikes  ;D
1983 AMC sport wagon
1988 AMC white wagon
1987 AMC parts wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk