News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 03, 2024, 07:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coming out of the wood work in AR  (Read 3748 times)

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Coming out of the wood work in AR
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
Seems to be more Eagles being spotted in Arkansas (and in my area) than there was not so long ago. On my trip into a nearby town today to gather sundries I first spotted just the rear roof (as it was a good sized hill and the direction we were going and how the lot it sat on was much lower than the road) of this and yelled "Eagle" about scared the boyfriend, I turned around in my seat to see if I could get a better glance but all I could see by then was the side rear glass. On our way back (also a better angle for a view) I snapped this picture...

We had already made our mind up to stop and take a better look...

76k miles on it, looks to be pretty nice. Was at a used car dealership. But with a 110 degree heat no dealer came out nor did we go in.

And just for kicks I have to add what else I seen at Wally world and got a good laugh over...

:rotfl:
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Coming out of the wood work in AR
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
Not a bad looking eagle! Wonder what was the asking price?
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
Not sure. Was planning on looking up the auto dealers phone number when I got home, but turns out it's not listed in there. I might have to go by an find out sometime.  If anyone is interested in this Eagle and wanting to know anymore or get the dealers number, PM me.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »
What nearby town would that be?  Russellville?
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »
Clarksville, since I am right smack dab in between the 2.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
Believe it or not those little fieros were a hoot to drive...but back to the Eagle....The leather looks to be in pretty good shape. Were ya able to get a peek at the underside? If the price is right that car would make for a great daily driver or even a resto project....Egg-cellent find ;D
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
It was pretty darn clean from the peek I took. But it wasn't a thorough look as it being 110 degree's today doing much of anything was pretty torturous lol, plus had some food in the car that needed to get home.

Yea, Fiero's are pretty nice. Almost bought one years ago. And if the air tunnels actually work, then it isn't a bad set-up on this one.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:36:48 PM »
Thats down right miserable...anything over 100 is a bit much. First thing to do on that car would get that AC charged ;)
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk