News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 03, 2024, 08:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ah sheet  (Read 3662 times)

eaglesx4

Ah sheet
« on: May 21, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »

Brake pedal came apart as I was pulling in to the post office.  Brick does not give.  Looks like the shop forgot to put the nut back on when they were working on the car.  I will give them the good word monday
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:15:06 PM by eaglesx4 »

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Ah sheet
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
Oh man!! At least it happened at a good time with a brick wall to stop you. :banghead: If it were to happen stopping at a busy intersection, it could have been much worse.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

eaglesx4

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
I was headed to town through all the traffic but at the last minute decided to go to the post office first.  So there was some good luck involved

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 03:40:50 AM »
They forgot the nut?  ::)  You just can't depend on anyone to do their jobs properly anymore.  This little malfunction could have been deadly for you and/or someone else had it occurred elsewhere.

At least it was a front end cap that bit the dust, and not a rear.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

eaglesx4

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 04:06:03 AM »
The road to town is 2 land rural mostly down him with four of the places being very steep with very heavy traffic.  It could have been a whole lot worse and possibly hurt someone.  After I returned back home, I found 5 more nuts and washers laying in the rubber mat.  The mat has deep grooves for mud and snow

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
Yes I would be visiting them and put the nuts and washers on the counter,tell them what happened and maybe you 'll end up with the funds to get a new end cap,how'd the body fair?any damage to the fender?
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline Mechanic

• "This is gona be expensive....."
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 53
  • Which project to start first....
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
All of you guys are much more even tempered than I would be in this situation. You could have been killed so easily! i would have been more :censored: than i ever had been before. The shop would have got a piece of my mind. Glad you and the eagle are alright though. How did the building fair?
2000 Toyota 4runner 221,000 k's (DD)
1997 Chevy S10 180,000 k's (Project car)
1988 Mazda RX-7 248,000 k's (For Sale)
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon 192,000 k's (Project car)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 65,000 k's (Restoration Project)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 140,000 k's (Trail build)
1981 Chevy Camaro Burlineta 134,000 K's (Performance build)
1977 Ford F350 Dually with dump (farm truck project)

eaglesx4

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
This happened around noon Saturday, they don't open until Monday.  I will be there tomorrow after I leave the wife at the hospital. No damage to the fender, just pushed the bumper back some which they will have to fix also.  I checked the post office and could not tell where the car hit the building so it should be okay.  I'm 64 now and have learned that keeping a level head makes for better discussion in these issues, but if he bulks at fixing the car 22 years of Navy will come out and he don't want that nor do I.  He needs to ttuly understand that someone could have been seriously hurt or worse it this had happened on the main road instead of the parking lot.  Most of this road has no runoff or place to pull off the road and the hills not long are very steep.  Try to look at the  good side.

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
Good thing Eagles are made tough .If you don't get any satisfaction at the shop ,well don't use them anymore obviously but maybe contact your state's atty gen., consumer complaints div.They can usually iron this sort of thing out.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

eaglesx4

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
He used to work for me and was a top tech, mostly in electrics but good all around.  He takes care of my cars, my brothers cars, and the company vehicle.  I don't really for see any problem, but you never know.  The tech that worked on my car may be a different story

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk