News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 22, 2024, 10:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One more saved!!  (Read 8530 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
One more saved!!
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
Well guys....just scored a 1986 wagon today. Theres a super nice fella that I see from time to time who is an old school Eagle fan. Everytime I see him we always talk Eagle. Today I ran into him and he informed me he was selling his bait shop along with his spare Eagle. Its a blue 1986 wagon that runs descent...it has new tires and brakes. Has no rust or body damage and good chrome...The only downfalls are the interior is a bit worn and it needs a windshield...oh and hes keepig the tail lenses. He told me that the crusher offered him over $300.00 for it but he wants it to go to someone who will love it...Got her for $100.00...$97.00 to be exact. I get it this weekend...Pics are on the way!!

I now officially own half the eagles in Divide CO.  ;D
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
Re: One more saved!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
Eggs for spreadin the love :D

Psst.. get rid of that transfer case.
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
You lookin for a transfer case Toug?.....Thanks for the Eggs  ;D

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
That's awesome.  Wish people around here would sell Eagles like that instead of crushing them.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »
 86's have open diff transfer cases (with no high lock) instead of viscous couplings
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:41:40 AM »
Ive heard about that....What exactly is that open diff?...I know its not a good thing.

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:44:12 AM »
I love my transfer case, but you're not gonna love that transfer case.. As stated by others it is open diff, just like your axles, meaning power is transferred to the side with less friction, so it's technically not really even 4wd. Swap to a 129, or a 119 (fulltime). I can get you either from the junkyard up here.
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:32 AM »
sweet save dude. i know somewhere you can get those tail lights and interior parts. ;D ;D ;D
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »

HI
                                                                                                                                                                          :hello2:

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE   

:hello2:

.......Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline BenM

• Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
That's some mighty good luck!

Double check the badge on the transfer case to make sure. The open differential is the 128, the viscus is 129 for selectable cases. You may have an early/late/replacement case and not know it.

If it is an 128, it may be just as easy to find a 229. There would be absolutely no hesitation in my hands chopping up a "perfectly good" 128 to make a 229 that fits an Eagle.
NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »
Awesome save there Shanebo! 

I don't know a lot about the transfer cases, but I will x2 what tougeagle said.  At the very least, get rid of that 128 case, and, get a 129 case. 

Any other upgrades (mods, etc) for T-cases, other members are better at advising you.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »
Ill just have to use it as if it were a concord until I get a t-case....atleast winters pretty much over....Plus I got my truck for snowy days....For a hundred bucks you guys wont hear any complaining from me!!

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:43:27 PM »
I made the drive to Lake George today to see my new baby today...Id never actually seen it before close up. The sheet metal is perfect...didnt see one dent. The underbody looked good from what I could see. there was lots dry mud. Its a native car to colorado...has a dealership badge "Medved Jeep Eagle Denver" and has been on dirt roads 90% of its life so Im really hoping theres not any rust hiding under the mud. By the looks of the sun baked roof and hood its been in a hot dry spot for a while.

The bads:
All the door handles are broke except the rear passanger side door.
No paint left at all on the roof or hood
Has no alternator...was taken off the car and put in his 1980 eagle.
Interior is very faded and worn.
Still has plastic v/c
All in all a great deal for under a hundred bucks...We hooked a battery to it and it cranked right up. Its ugly but oh so beautiful at the same time. A few bucks and a little elbow grease she should make a good daily driver...Here is a picture i snapped from my phone as i was backing out the drive way

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:39 AM »

HI      That's a good deal man a running bird for under 100.00 that's one sweet deal you don't find
                  something  like that everyday well start calling you lucky dog .............later ..............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »
Id better be real gingerly with that last working door handle or ill be crawling in  through the hatch ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk