News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 16, 2024, 07:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Off topic / Re: Interest in an Eagle Book?
« Last post by Jawbone1021 on Today at 01:52:23 PM »
The lack of personal articles with actually experiences do seem to be lacking, which is why I want to do this project.
Yeah, it's a good idea. Would you publish it?
Off topic / Re: Eagle Stories
« Last post by 89 MJ on Today at 01:23:05 PM »
hi, I literally drove the wheels off my 82 sedan. Going to work one day, turned a corner into the parking lot, heard a loud snap, rear dropped, and my drivers side rear wheel rolled on past me. Lucky I was only doing about 3 mph. The dreaded axle snap, yup, they happen! :)   gz
My Corolla's front wheel fell off on the highway once. The lug nuts had sheared in half somehow. Unrelated to my Eagle, but funny.
I bet that got your attention!
« Last post by 89 MJ on Today at 01:22:27 PM »
hi, I'm old so prefer hard copy, but any info is good info, so do what you think best. good luck,  gz

I'm young and I also prefer a hard copy, so that was what I was leaning towards, I just wanted to hear someone else's thoughts.
I, too, would like a hardcover copy. This sounds like a great idea, there aren't really any in-depth personal articles about Eagles online, unless it's in the form of a YouTube video.
The lack of personal articles with actually experiences do seem to be lacking, which is why I want to do this project.
Off topic / Re: What’s Your Eagle’s Purpose?
« Last post by Jawbone1021 on Today at 01:04:34 PM »
My Eagle is currently being fixed up. Not restored, but it's only put on 900 miles since 2003, unless the odometer has been tampered with, which I doubt. I would like to put it into daily-driver service, but the fuel economy deters me from retiring my Corolla. So I don't know.
Off topic / Re: Eagle Stories
« Last post by Jawbone1021 on Today at 12:51:46 PM »
hi, I literally drove the wheels off my 82 sedan. Going to work one day, turned a corner into the parking lot, heard a loud snap, rear dropped, and my drivers side rear wheel rolled on past me. Lucky I was only doing about 3 mph. The dreaded axle snap, yup, they happen! :)   gz
My Corolla's front wheel fell off on the highway once. The lug nuts had sheared in half somehow. Unrelated to my Eagle, but funny.
« Last post by Jawbone1021 on Today at 12:45:58 PM »
hi, I'm old so prefer hard copy, but any info is good info, so do what you think best. good luck,  gz

I'm young and I also prefer a hard copy, so that was what I was leaning towards, I just wanted to hear someone else's thoughts.
I, too, would like a hardcover copy. This sounds like a great idea, there aren't really any in-depth personal articles about Eagles online, unless it's in the form of a YouTube video.
I ordered one from Amazon it should be here in the next day or two.
You can also get a cheap one at harbor freight.
I am now shopping Amazon for a vacuum pump LOL
Pulling it to vacuum removes moisture from the system, plus most refrigerants don't like being "contaminated" with normal air because the loop (and the TXV and the high/low pressure switches) relies on the pressure of whatever refrigerant it was designed for and air is well, air. It's inert for refrigeration purposes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk