News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 21, 2024, 04:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The SILVER BULET  (Read 31340 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: The SILVER BULET
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »

HI       that is grate and i will post more pictures when i get silver running ...... 8)   .........................Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 01:07:33 AM »
Its all boxed up and labeled and ready to go.....getting sent out tomorrow  ;D
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

HI Shane      I have ben setting here for 35 min trying to find the words to say what I fell ..all I can come
             up with is HAPPY  and THANK YOU  :hello2:    :occasion14:   no more  :banghead:   Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 01:24:11 AM »
You are very welcome don!!!...I just mailed it this morning. But dont send me a check for the postage till after you have it. They gave me a little static at the post office....Grillin' me about flamible liqids and chemicals :P. I shipped it parcel vs. priority as it save around $20.00. They said 7-14 buisness days...but it is on its way! Let me know when ya get it Don and if you havent got it in 14 days or so I can go ruffle some feathers down at the post office. Ill be keeping this on hand until it safely arrives at your door  ;)

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »

HI    I will let you know when it get here  ;D   then we will have one more Eagle on the road  ;D   8)     
           :hello2:...........Don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »

HAY THERE SHANE WILL BUD ITS HERE AT 2:00 P M .....IN 4 DAYS FROM YOU TO ME THAT IS GOOD...
     I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THE CARB THAT SOON......AS I SAID BEFOR    THANK  YOU  SHAN THANK YOU
       ........Don

:hello2:        :hello2:           :hello2:          :hello2:           :hello2:          :hello2:           :hello2:            :hello2:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:29:05 PM by teneagle »

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Thats great Don!! Im glad that got to you in a timely manner! Makes me feel good to know that I helped get one more on the road!!

Offline LaGuardia

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 26
  • Now, that's what I call a ride !
    • Armati e Responsabili (sorry, only Italian)
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 06:46:40 AM »
You guys are simply amazing !

Reading this thread makes me happy just like I was the one to get the carb  ;D

The Nest rules !   :occasion14:
"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
Oh, really ? I guess that's why I need BOTH rear bumper corner caps now. Doh !

1981 4.2 Eagle Wagon LTD (Daily Driver)
2003 Toyota RAV4 (Wife's Car)
1985 Plymouth Gran Fury (Endless Project Car)
1997 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 TB (Not Running Now)
1994 Honda Helix CN250 (My Beloved Scooter)
1975 Honda 500 FourK (Can't Remember Where I Left It)
1985 Moto Guzzi California II 1.000 (New Entry)

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 12:06:50 PM »

HI  Shane  HAPPY  HAPPY HAPPY       The sweet wife cant understand how I can be so HAPPY over a old carb
             The carb looks great to me .....and we will take back all we said about the U.S. post office.....Don

HI   LAGUARDIA   THE NEST RULES  is right ....there is so Many good people on the nest    :occasion14:
              you know that because you are one of them .....  you have been here longer than I have and can see
              what and how people write ...you can learn so mush about the hart ......

Have a grate day...........Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2011, 12:23:15 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to rebuld one of these carbs Don? Just incase I find a 5,000 mile sundancer in some old ladys garage for 500 bucks and it just happens to need a rebuild......Hey It could happen...LOL  ;D

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to rebuld one of these carbs Don? Just incase I find a 5,000 mile sundancer in some old ladys garage for 500 bucks and it just happens to need a rebuild......Hey It could happen...LOL  ;D

Carbs are simple to rebuild. If your asking maybe its not.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to rebuld one of these carbs Don? Just incase I find a 5,000 mile sundancer in some old ladys garage for 500 bucks and it just happens to need a rebuild......Hey It could happen...LOL  ;D

I didn't find it hard to rebuild one, and it was my first.  it even ran, but to get it properly set, that's a bit of a different story.  You'll need to read and understand the measurements and get everything right, and you'll need a timing light (?), a vacuum gauge, and a tach - Oh yeah!  and patience.

Nice going both of you!  Have an egg there Shane.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »

HI Shane rebuilding a cater carb to me its not hard to do ...First you need a good book I always had
               Motors manuel they always had the best break down on the carter carb it was complete
               2. you need a good rebuild kit with all the O rings plugs gasgets they also have a instruction sheet
               3.I clean off work bench or table lay down paper to keep it clean and start taking the carb apart
               4.I start at my left all the external things and base plate and the top plate  etc.etc.
                5 I have 2 cleaning pales to clean parts in and I clean parts by gropes .after clean let dry and clean
                out all holes with air remove all plugs if your kit comes with them if not don't ...clean.clean.I try to keep
                clean paper down all the time .
                6. when you start to put it back together get a new set of main jets ...if you want to have better gas
                 mileage put in new jets ..I always do ...they are marked on top of jet .....
                7. Start rebuild .if you forgot how to  you have book and instruction sheet....and you run into trouble
                there is the nest we wont let you down.....
                after its all back together make your adjustments ...idle is 1 1/2 turns out to start with so no and so on

put it on the car and it works   then you say how did that happen it works

I like to do this ..every time I do this i learn more all the time .....Don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

HI    I  for got the two part epoxy on the plugs ....and Shane IT CAN HAPEN     

HI   whuntmore your right about  the Patience    and the rest ........................................later Don

HI mudkicker   your right on

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
A book really? Haha

Most carbs just need a good cleaning by taking them apart. While your in there just replace gaskets. Technically I don't consider it rebuilding

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk