News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 07:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The SILVER BULET  (Read 31300 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: The SILVER BULET
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
Maybe some of our artistic members could create an honorary membership certificate for him and other non members who have made a contribution toward keeping Eagles on the road.
I'm not artistic.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »

HI    Jim that is an excellent idea it would make them feel good about what they did...And we mite get some more members......besides making us feel good to ...that's good Jim .J like It .........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »
Ill second that
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »

HI    Shane .......Doug did you see Jim's Idea . It would be nice to do ....Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »
I think thats a geat Idea.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »

HI     Shane  It sounds like you and Maddog had to much fun junk yarding ..that is fun going through all the
                 cars .Each one has a story to tell ...............Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:17 PM »
It was really fun!!....
Hows the Silver bullet coming Don? Im having some issues with my most rescent addition.
Im still trying to figure out why I have no spark on Bluebird. Do you know how to test the coil Don?

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »

Hi    I am having trouble with the carb .I need a 83 carb .the one on the car got to hot and warped the base
                  if i cuild get a good carb I have a rebuild kit for a 1983 carb. then replace wires and vacuum lines and she
                  will be running ...for the coil first take a multimeter and check the + side of the coil for battery voltage
                   there should be batt vol at the + post..If not check back to fuse box .If you have batt vol at the post .

That test is with the key on. pull the coil wire out of the distrib cap and  turn motor over and you hold   wire close to block if on spark check under distrb cap and rotor.and did you try an-outher coil wire .

most of the time it is a ground wire  and it could be the spark comand box ..unplug that box and check the plugs clean if needed plug in and check for spark be sure to check all the grounds.there is a ground wire in back of head some times it comes lose .....look it over good ..I hope this helped some .let me know what
you find ..............Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
Thanks Don Ill give that a try...If ya cant find a carb near you let me know. I have the lovely 1983 gingers carb sitting on the work bench. Ginger ran great before I got my hands on her and got crazy ideas of fuel injection and 4.0 heads....Its all yours if ya cant find one.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 01:28:03 AM »

I forgot remove distrib cap and turn over motor to see if the shift is turning if not that's bad .....I have looked allover here for the carb and I cant find one so i willtake you up on tour offer .PM me with price and we will go
from there  O K.......Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »
I PMed ya Don let me know if ya didnt get it...it popped up some wierd message when I posted it...but I think it went through.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »

Yes the pm came through just fine and Think you Shane ...maybe we will see you in ILL this year ....Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:57 AM »
Hi Don, Is this the the correct one...it is out of the 83 and it does look origional

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »

HI       Shane yes that is it silver will be smiling now that she can get back on the road ....

THANK YOU SHANE  ..........Don                                                                       

G B W Y

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
It cool to think a carb collecting dust in a colorado garage can get an Eagle in Michigan its wings!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk