News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 15, 2024, 08:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UTV Tires on an Eagle  (Read 262 times)

Online 89 MJ

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
UTV Tires on an Eagle
« on: October 05, 2024, 04:12:43 PM »
Anybody that has done off roading or wants to do off roading in their Eagle has probably looked for options for tires and has been thoroughly disappointed. There is not much available for all terrains or mud terrains in the sizing that fits on an Eagle, and the options that are out there are quite pricey. I did find though that UTV tires will work on an Eagle. Be sure to check the load rating to make sure they can support the weight of the Eagle. Lots of these are also not DOT approved, so they will need to be trail only tires. The DOT approved ones will wear out quickly as well, so they probably are not a great daily driving tire. I have ones that aren't DOT approved, so they don't see the roads, but they do give a ton of traction off road, as can be seen in the video below. They do look goofy on Eagles.

These tires can be cheap too. I found a set brand new on marketplace in the 27x8.50R15 size and got them for $350

Here's a link to good pictures, its about the middle of page 9: https://comancheclub.com/topic/66355-1986-amc-eagle/page/9/#comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtXmaTXVCtA
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 06:56:23 PM by 89 MJ »
1986 Eagle: 258, Auto, Chrysler 8.25 rear, 3.54 gears
1989 Jeep Comanche: 4.0, AX-15, 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears
1940 Chevy PU: 350, 700R4

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 36
Re: UTV Tires on an Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2024, 05:15:25 PM »
Hadn’t thought of that, I guess for off road/farm use that would be an excellent idea.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule, totaled 3/26/24 rear ended REAL HARD. concussion and whiplash. not fun
1999 Ford E250 conversion/work van 238,000 see if it will make 300,000
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin, the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk