News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 15, 2024, 08:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What plastic or rubber body parts do you want to see reproduced?  (Read 638 times)

Offline Ludworks

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Re: What plastic or rubber body parts do you want to see reproduced?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2024, 04:38:23 AM »
The only problem with the chrome is it's all (or mostly) real metal. Putting metal on plastic requires time and equipment. They probably used some form of vapor deposition for a lot of it, and I can't replicate that right now, but electroplating is something I could do and something I'm looking into. It would produce, for all intents and purpose, an identical finish, but would require a cost increase on the parts vs no metal. I will try and make both versions of such parts available for those interested in one over the other.

Hinge seals should be no problem. Hinges themselves are a little much for the moment, but, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, they're cast, right? Probably in Zamak with nickel plating on top? That's something I could replicate in the future if true. I'll look into it.

Offline Jawbone1021

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 03:22:14 PM »
The 80 eagles also had a filler piece between the bumper and the back of the car that is different from the rest of the model years.
I need one of these. Mine disentegrated.

I also think some mudflaps ould be cool. I haven't been able to find any for sale anywhere close.
I’m glad AMC is All Makes Combined, it’s really nice for finding parts.

1980 AMC Eagle Limited wagon (4.2L I6)
2000 Chevy Silverado LS single-cab long-bed (5.3L V8)
2004 Toyota Corolla S sedan (1.8L I4)

Offline Ludworks

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 05:01:45 PM »
I thought there was someone on here who did mudflaps already. Is that no longer the case?

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 07:11:50 PM »
I thought there was someone on here who did mudflaps already. Is that no longer the case?

There was a guy who was doing the mudflaps as well as the Kammback/SX/4 marker lights.  I don't think he has been active for quite awhile.  Maybe if you contacted him you may be able to acquire the molds (or whatever he has) to start reproducing them again.  I have some old contact info if you are interested.  Thanks!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:35:33 PM »
the "Limited" dome light lens is currently unobtainium. The rectangular one. That would be great.  gz

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 42
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline Ludworks

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Mudflaps should be fairly easy, they're a simple enough design. I'll need to get one or two in good condition to copy.

I know the dome lights varied based on trim level and year. I'll add them to the list to look at later on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk