News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 15, 2024, 10:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dad to a hatchling  (Read 2268 times)

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Dad to a hatchling
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:10:43 PM »
Just joined this forum after my 18 year-old son purchased a 1983 SX/4 off CL from Alabama. In the past, i had a 1983 Spirit GT 4 speed that was the most dependable car I've ever owned......hated to get rid of it but needed a family car after divorce.
My son and I started working on the SX/4 in order to get it ready for PA inspection.I've been looking through the various topics and learning some great things. I've encouraged my son to join up and start reading. He should be posting an intro and pics soon.
This car is very complete but it is in need of some mechanical and cosmetic TLC. We'll be working on the rear brakes and parking breaks this weekend along with new drivers door hinge bushings. This is his first car so I'm trying to have him read the service manual ahead of time before we work on various components.
There are a few parts that we will need to track down during the restoration. I've been looking for a rear filler panel but haven't had much success. The left rear bumper end cap is shredded (seems to be a common problem) I guess I'll see if I can try to salvage the original for the time being.
I'm learning how to navigate this forum. Is there a section for listing "wanted" items and a section for items that are for sale?
Follow my son's 1983 AMC SX/4 project

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45519.0

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Dad to a hatchling
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »
Welcome. Good luck with the project. There is a classifieds section with for sale and wanted ads. http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php#c5
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:20:03 AM »
Thanks Eaglefreek. I found the wanted section after posting my intro.

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
A couple pics:

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
She is beautiful. Don't give up on her. The 71 el camino is looks nice to.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
Oh, you bought Travis' car. If you got the Jeep rear from him also, that used to be mine.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 07:10:24 AM »
We do have your Jeep rear. I'm not sure if were going to put it in the car. Right now the main goal is to get the car ready to pass PA inspection.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk