News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 24, 2024, 07:38:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fresh Eagle  (Read 2911 times)

Offline New Eagle owner

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Fresh Eagle
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »
Well let me start by saying I'm 21 and I have never even heard of an amc eagle let alone seen one. So when I was searching Craigslist for a replacement for my 96 blazer which was rusting and rotting out *thanks new York state*. My dad and I are movers for allied van linesand we run the east coast so I decided to search Craigslist around Orlando florida. And I found a 88 in pretty good condition and a decent price he had it up for 1900$ but we talked him down to 1400$ brand new tires and brakes. We put 700 down and will be picking it up in a week. Without further ado here she is.

Offline New Eagle owner

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: Fresh Eagle
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
Also all the windows work everything runs fine and she only has 120k miles. It was sitting in a garage for 15 years. All I'm missing are the side rails I think that is what they're called on the front bumper

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
Welcome. Not many Eagles in Florida. It was probably brought down by a snow bird.  Those front bumper ends aren't too difficult to find. Good luck with your Eagle.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline New Eagle owner

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:49:57 PM »
Welcome. Not many Eagles in Florida. It was probably brought down by a snow bird.  Those front bumper ends aren't too difficult to find. Good luck with your Eagle.

If I remember correctly.  He got the car from a friend in North Carolina. Thank you

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:47:20 PM »
I remember seeing that one posted. Couldn't forget that duct tapped front seat! Looks like the passenger rear bumper end cap might need replaced too. Good luck with your new ride. Welcome to the club!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline New Eagle owner

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 01:17:28 AM »
I remember seeing that one posted. Couldn't forget that duct tapped front seat! Looks like the passenger rear bumper end cap might need replaced too. Good luck with your new ride. Welcome to the club!
haha that's great. Yeah it might it has a dent in it IL see what I can do about it. And thanks for the welcome waited two days to get in ;). Now that I think about he was talking to me as he wrote out the bill of sale and he mentioned someone from Tennessee gave him a offer but he turned it down. Maybe that person was from this board
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:21:00 AM by New Eagle owner »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk