News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 05:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ESPO Spring costs, FYI  (Read 5077 times)

Offline runs.like

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • long trips are not yet advised.
ESPO Spring costs, FYI
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »
Hey Everyone just got through talking with ESPO and I figured I'd share this:  This is based on my enquiry of a small lift and a front end rebuild.

"The front end kit includes the outer tie rod ends, upper & lower ball joints, upper & lower control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and strut rod bushings and is $360 in rubber or poly. You can add inner tie rod ends, sleeves, etc at a discounted price"

"...inner tie rod ends would be $100/pair; idler $68; adjusting sleeves $16/pair; pitman arm if ps.
I only have the stock height on the front coils.
We have 1" lift rear leafs $230/pair or 2" $240/pair.
The only shackles I currently have are an inch longer and would lift about 1/2 inch, they are $70/pair; front bolts $6/pair and ubolts $20/set of 4"

"There is one coil spring that would lift it some that's used in other cars but it's also softer..
The Eagle 6 w/ac are $85 for the pair.
The softer 8 cyl spring from another vehicle is $90 for the pair, I just can't guarantee the ride on that"

"...usually takes us 4-5 days to ship parts with springs, leaf springs"

Estimated shipping for me (05301) was $80.

Hope that this is a help.
1970 Mercedes 250
1988 Eagle Wagon
1989 Chevy C1500

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: ESPO Spring costs, FYI
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
$80 to ship a pair of springs to VT? Yikes! The NAPA ones I put in my wagon (77 Matador V8) number is NCP 2772098 and they barely dropped an inch in 2 years. Rides nice (except for the bent shock absorber)
Oreilly number is 3156
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:39:09 PM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline runs.like

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • long trips are not yet advised.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »
Carnuck-
those Matador springs are 2" more ride height than stock Eagles, true? 
What was the original lift height/ What is it now that it's dropped an inch?

What did you do for the rear, did it drop too?
1970 Mercedes 250
1988 Eagle Wagon
1989 Chevy C1500

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »
I measured the wheel openings before and after the coil swap.

With the rear shocks fully inflated before the swap. (sat within 1/4" all the way around)

With 205/75/15s (max size and the soft springs let them touch on rough roads and fast corners) before front coils.

Before rear axle swap with rear air shocks fully inflated 235/75/15s (rubbed in back but not front after minor trimming of the wheel well)

After front coil swap and before lifting the rear.

After 8.25 XJ rear axle swap and one XJ leaf added to pack (no rear shocks yet)

The Matador/AMX, etc coils I used are firmer riding without being rough except on tall speed bumps. The RH front shock is also messed up due to seized pivot so I figure it's most of it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:41:38 PM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »
What model shock from Napa did you snag? I didn't realize just HOW much mine were sagging until I looked at the car today.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »
I got a pair of used KYBs in front till I get the perch bushing fixed. I have the ones listed for the car (which may be too short now) I have pin eliminators for the rear shock.

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »
Crap, I mean spring. Mine are saggy like old bewbs.

I replaced my front shocks with the Monroe 5756 and they fit really nicely, more than enough travel.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »
My front springs are Napa NCP 277-3188. In the rear I added an old "saggy" XJ main leaf to the pack (with the eyes cut off) in #2 position
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:27:11 PM by carnuck »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk