News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 07, 2024, 12:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to Eagle 83 SX4 in SE MI  (Read 8123 times)

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: New to Eagle 83 SX4 in SE MI
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »
By looking at the last picture posted it appears to me you bought a fine car.If it needs a little attention ok, thats half the fun of buying one of these. What fun is there in buying a car that needs nothing except to say hey look what I bought. Then you can say somebody else did all the work. What fun or sense of accomplishment is that. Just my two cents. Besides who cares what you paid for it! If your happy and the wife is not complaining then you did good and enjoy your purchase.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »
What fun is there in buying a car that needs nothing except to say hey look what I bought. Then you can say somebody else did all the work. What fun or sense of accomplishment is that. Just my two cents.

That's how I feel about my Corvette.  Compared to owning the Eagle its kind of an empty experience because I bought it needing nothing.  I feel so much more excited about and involved with the Eagle.  I am very proud of my Eagle but I don't have any sense of pride in the Corvette.

Offline sheldo13

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »
I paid much less than $3500 for it.  It's far from perfect but a very decent starting point I think.  Im just going to do the little things it needs drive it and enjoy it.

Prafeston

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 04:09:23 PM »
Good to hear! I'm guessing he finally realized 3500 was a bit much for what he had. No it looked like a great starting point. Enjoy your ride!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk