News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle "build sheet"?  (Read 10775 times)

Offline T5258

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: Eagle "build sheet"?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »
Found the one in my Spirit when I pulled the headliner out....sandwiched between it & the roof skin....
1987 Eagle Limited
1985 Corvette
2009 Avalanche LT
2011 Volvo C30

remember:  no matter where you go.......there you are

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »
On my 84 wagon it was taped to the liner behind the front driver's side door panel, on my 87 wagon it was taped behind the rear passenger side door panel.  I have found others tucked into the seat springs as well.
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Under my front passenger seat

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
I have yet to find one.  I know it is not in any of the places I've heard mentioned thus far...
I don't have much hope of there being one in my sx/4

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
My SX/4 had one behind the rear panel under the hatch.  The mice got to most of it though...  :'(
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline kajsdf

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »
driver door, front passenger seat, and i have been told driver side plastic panel in the trunk area
1985 eagle wagon limited
now more limited...
2150 swap...tf727/np229 swap...258 megabuild in the works...

Offline FartingEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
well since posting this I have never actually gone searching for it but i just ran out to the garage and what do i see under the passenger seat?
The build sheet which still looks bright white and has a few tears but intact.
Now one day when I am bored I will pull the seat out and retrieve it.................

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
I recently found my build sheet under the passenger seat.  It's seen better days, but it IS the one for my car as evidenced by the serial#.  Is there a "tell" as to rear axle type, open or limited slip?  I can read the code "L" under RAX (I'm assuming that's the rear axle in field #10) and "235" under AXLE (field #8.)  I want to look for a powertrax system but hope to get a "best deal" as they seem kind of pricey, but the benefits seems to outweigh the  high cost (to an extent.)  If anyone had a used powertrax unit in good condition that's available, I'd make an offer. :amc:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
My 86 wagon had two.one taped to the inside driver side door panel in perfect condition and one taped on the pass side rear door panel in the same condition.Don't know why there were two but they both were identical.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
My 86 wagon had two.one taped to the inside driver side door panel in perfect condition and one taped on the pass side rear door panel in the same condition.Don't know why there were two but they both were identical.

Eagleman, there is a build sheet taped to one of the rear wagon panels I just shipped to you.  There was another one on the inside of the driver door panel but it was pretty crumbly.  I didn't take the time to compare the two.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eagle503

• "I'm not a mechanic I'm a parts replacer give me the book I can do it"
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • 85 limited wagon
    • art of loehr
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
On my 85 wagon I found mine in the drivers door behind the panel.
Click for YOUR_TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline BenM

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
I've found several top-half sheets in passenger doors taped inside the panel.
NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:56 PM »
I just found the build sheet under the passenger seat in my 86 wagon limited! :blob1: It's a little crumpled and torn but it looks like it is all there. It is between the seat foam and the springs. How would I go about getting it out. I would love to have this piece of original documentation for an AMC literature binder for shows I'm in the process of making. Also, would the build sheet have the exact date the car was built on it?
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
I have hunted in the obvious places on the SX4 recently hoping to find it's build sheet, no luck yet on that one (not in the doors, under the front seats, or rear interior plastic panel so far).
But while doing some belated exterior trim replacement on my wagon today, we started hunting in the obvious places for a build sheet.
Low and behold, under the front passenger seat it has been hiding all these years...

Wish I would've looked for it years ago, it might have been in better shape then.

I brought it from Tennessee (from supposedly the 2nd owner) and now confirmed it is an original TN car.
Anyone know what the 4785 dealership was?

Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »
I THINK there is a listing somewhere that matches the code# to the dealer name. Not sure as my memory likes to lie to me. Thought I saw it here once.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk