News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 04, 2024, 11:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Still got your dealer badge? Where is yours from  (Read 23681 times)

Prafeston

Re: Still got your dealer badge? Where is yours from
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »
In the past these are some of the first things that get removed from my cars. TQ doesn't have one. I just think it's cheap advertising for a dealership to just slap their name on your car without even asking you. If they have good service and you liked doing business with them you'd spread the word.

I can't believe the one on Bucket looks like it was actually screwed on to the car!!  :o :o :o

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
I had this one on one of my AMC's
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »
My 81 had a Bob Bundy badge.
In the past these are some of the first things that get removed from my cars. TQ doesn't have one. I just think it's cheap advertising for a dealership to just slap their name on your car without even asking you. If they have good service and you liked doing business with them you'd spread the word.

I can't believe the one on Bucket looks like it was actually screwed on to the car!!  :o :o :o

I remember being with my dad when he bought a new 87 Mustang GT. Before he signed the contract, he told the salesman he wanted the dealer badge removed. The salesman gave him a little grief, so my dad said "I'll keep it on if you pay me $100 a month for advertising." He picked up the phone and said, "Remove the dealer badge from the red GT."
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
I remember being with my dad when he bought a new 87 Mustang GT. Before he signed the contract, he told the salesman he wanted the dealer badge removed. The salesman gave him a little grief, so my dad said "I'll keep it on if you pay me $100 a month for advertising." He picked up the phone and said, "Remove the dealer badge from the red GT."

Love that!!! My thoughts exactly...I would have been furious had the dealer badge been screwed on to the back hatch like Buckets is!! Crazy!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
I guess that was one way the dealers assured they had a permanent advertisement on the cars they sold. At the time it was kind of lousy but I consider it a bonus when an old car still has its badge, albeit I'm not real hot on the idea of yet another spot where rust and moisture can fester....I always bondoed the holes and used double sided tape to reatach.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »
I will have to go out and look.My first AMX - a 73 was from Camelot in Albany, NY. , and bought from the original owner. In Hudson , NY where I got my first wagon, an 84, they used to be an AMC dealer, Pulchers I beleive was the name.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »

I'm glad you said that, 'cause that's exactly how I feel about dealer badges.  (Not to put a kink into this topic...  :-[ )  Every car I see driving around has them. 

Which brings up another point:  What difference does it make where you got it?  If you're driving a Mazda, Mazda made it, not [put name here] dealer made it.

Ok, sorry for the rant.  Please continue.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:30 AM »
neither Eagle Eyes or Survivor has one nor do they seem to of ever had one.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Prafeston

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
I took this picture months ago when I helped Jesse out with the removal of the bed from his J-Truck, but when I was checking out his two Kammies one of them had a dealer badge on it so I snapped a photo.

Prafeston

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
...this very well could have been a Used Car lot badge now that I think about it. There is no AMC Badging as part of the name.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Did a little research and it sure was an AMC/Jeep dealership....Founded on October 20, 1976 Fred Reid AMC/Jeep was located at 2129 Main St Joplin MO 64801. According to the MO Secretary of state the last files on record from this business was on November 1, 1984.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Prafeston

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for doing the research! Cool know it was a real AMC Dealership, bummer it appears it didn't make it all the way to the end!  :-\

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
I took this picture months ago when I helped Jesse out with the removal of the bed from his J-Truck, but when I was checking out his two Kammies one of them had a dealer badge on it so I snapped a photo.

I've got a friend who is looking for a few of these badges, if anybody has any they're willing to part with let me know.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Prafeston

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
Zoro, you can try contacting j2sax.

He might be willing part with that dealer badge.

Offline WVEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »
  My Eagle is from Sunset Motors AMC/ Jeep Steubenville Ohio.

I don,t have the badge , but still have the  key tag,

WvEagle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk